Chapter 2

What it felt like an eternity, the girl had found herself on some stairs. Going down, she noticed someone laying on the floor. Picking up the pace, she went down the stairs to find a familiar little girl unconscious.

Kneeling down, she gently lifted the little girl in her arms. She was relieved that there was somebody else here, but was worried about this little girl's state more. The girl gently touched the little girl's cheek as the little girl started to slightly move.

The little girl slowly opened her eyes, looking up at the girl. "I'm glad that you're awake now."

The little girl was looking around with her eyes, and looked back at the girl. "Where am I..?"

The girl wasn't sure how to answer that as she just shrugged. "I'm not so sure myself. I don't know about you, but I would like to find a way out of here. You should come with me."

The little girl looked hesitant, but it felt like she had no other choice. "Where's my mom and dad?"

Again, the girl didn't really know how to answer, but tried her best anyway. "I'll help you look for them." The girl helped the little girl stand up on her feet. "There you go. You seem better now. Oh! I can't believe I didn't ask this yet, but what's your name?"

"My name is Ib."

"Nice to meet you, Ib. My name is (y/n)." She held out her hand for Ib to hold. Ib held her small hand onto (y/n)'s as they started walking towards the right of the hallway.

The words on the walls and floors come was repeating itself as they walked deeper into the hallway. At the end of the hallway, there were two roses in a vase. One was red, and one was (r/c). Ib picked the red rose as (y/n) picked the (r/c) rose. For some reason, the two felt connected to these roses.

Moving the vase, they entered a room with a painting of a smiling lady whose hair was coming out of the painting. Before grabbing the key from the floor, (y/n) went over to the note that was under the painting. "If your rose wilts, you too will wilt away..." She looked at her rose once more, having a look as if something clicked in her head. "I assume these roses have something to do with our lifespan." Ib's rose had three petals as (y/n)'s rose had five petals. She turned to Ib, who was standing right beside her. "Be very careful with your rose, Ib. Keep it on you in a safe place, alright?"

"I will."

(y/n) smiled as she nodded once. "Good. Now, let's get that key and head out." As soon as she grabbed the key, the smile of the painting lady turned into a wicked smile. Not wanting to be in this room any longer, (y/n) took a hold of Ib's hand, quickly getting out of there.

The words that used to say come, all got replaced by the word thief. As they were walking down the hallway, they noticed the stairs from earlier were gone. Ib had her finger touching her lips in confusion. "It's gone?"

(y/n) was confused as well. "What the heck..?" She chose her words carefully as she was in the presence of a child. With only one way to go now, they headed towards the other side of the hallway.

The two passed a fish painting as (y/n) used the key to the door, successfully unlocking it. The next room had bug paintings hanging up and a narrow little hallway straight ahead. She felt Ib's hand let go of her as she saw Ib heading towards something.

(y/n) followed Ib as she stopped behind her, looking down at the ground. Ib pointed her finger at a small dot. "Look."

(y/n) saw that the black dot was an ant. "Cute little ant."

Not even a second later, she wasn't expecting the ant to have a voice. "Yes, I'm an ant. I really want to see my painting, but it's so far away."