Chapter 4

(y/n) went over to where Ib was, who was still staring at the mysterious man. (y/n) stopped right next to Ib as she saw the purple hair man regaining conscious. "Hm... What's this? The pain's gone..?" As he lifted his head up, he saw the two girls looking at him. He let out a girlish shriek as he quickly got up, backing away from them. "What is it now?! There's nothing for you to take, I tell you!"

   (y/n) and Ib looked at one another as (y/n) looked over to the guy. "Look... I understand you're a bit freaked out right now, but we're just trying to find our way out."

The guy just blinked at them. "Oh... Dear me, did you two come from the gallery?"

(y/n) nodded. "Yeah. It's funny actually. We found each other in the same room, so we've been wandering with each other for a while."

The guy smiled in relief. "Oh thank heavens! There's someone here besides me!"

"I know right? I would've been more scared to death if I was here by myself. I don't even know how I ended up here in the first place. I'm sure you don't either, right Ib?" Ib shook her head for an answer.

The guy then lowered his eyes. "So I see... You don't have any clue how things got to this point either. It would seem like we wounded up in very similar situations, I have to say."

(y/n) nodded and then remembered something. "Oh yeah. Is this your rose?" She handed him over the blue rose.

The guy happily accepted the rose. "Yes, it is my rose, thank you." He stared at his rose, his smile turning into a frown. "It would seem that wounds appear on me when my rose loses its petals."

"Yeah, I figured that. I saw this sign saying something like when the rose wilts, you too will wilt away. So these roses we have is like our life force or something."

"I believe that." He then let out a sigh. "I thought I was a goner back there. Thank you for getting it back."

"No problem!"

"Now, first things first... We'd better find a way out. I think I'll go mad if I stay in this dreadful place for too long." He paused for a moment, his face then looked like he had realized something. "Ah! I still haven't asked your names. My, that was rude of me. My name's Garry, and you are?"

"My name's (y/n), and this little girl is Ib." Ib, who was quietly listening the entire time was standing really close to (y/n), holding her hand.

Garry smiled at the two of them. "(y/n) and Ib... It's very nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too." Ib nodded shyly in response.

"Well... I can't very well have two girls wander into danger, no, no. So I'll come along with the both of you. Let's go!" As he started to walk forward, another spitting painting the girls saw before spit out blue paint, making Garry scream in fear and fall backwards.

(y/n) started to smile as her shoulders were shaking. She was trying her best to hold in her laughter. Ib who witnessed it as well was trying to hold in her laughter.

Garry was stunned for a little bit as he got back on his feet, slightly blushing in embarrassment. "I was just... Startled! Really... That's all it was!"

(y/n) was still trying to hold in her laughter as she responded. "Yeah, I can see that." She noticed Garry's expression as he saw the two girls looking like they wanted to laugh so badly. "We're not laughing at you, I swear!" Not able to hold it anymore, both (y/n) and Ib started laughing.

Garry averted his gaze to the ground, still feeling embarrassed. "Anyway... Let's keep going, and watch out for such bizarre things as that." They both were calming down from laughing as they started following Garry to the next room.