46.

- POV Luke -

"Calum, can I talk to you?" I ask while walking up to him. He just made himself a sandwich.
He looks up at me, "Uh, yeah, sure."
I sit down next to him and take a deep, shakey breath. I look down and my hands and play with my fingers nervously.
"What's up, Luke? You seem nervous," Calum says. I look up at him and nod.
"Well I need to tell you something, to be completely honest with you, because you have to know and I know it'll ruin everything and you're going to hate me."
"Woah," Calum says, kind of in shock. "You know you can tell me everything, right? I won't hate you or anything. You're my best friend. I can't hate you."

I look down and shake my head, "It's going to ruin everything BECAUSE you're my best friend. I honestly wish I never had to say something like this to you."
He looks at me and slowly takes a bite of his sandwich. I frown and waits until his mouth is empty so he can talk. "Just tell me. I promise I won't hate you."
"How can you promise that when you don't even know what I'm going to say?"
"You're Luke Hemmings. I can't hate you."
I blush a little, "oh..." I don't know what to say.

"Hey, can I talk to you guys really quick? Or are you guys busy?" Ashton says while walking in. I look at him and sigh softy.
"Sure. What's up?" I say.
"I wanted to apologize," Ashton says while sitting down. "For the way I behaved earlier. I shouldn't have said it. I don't know why I did it... I'm just really sorry. I didn't mean to attack you guys like that or hurt you." He looks down.
"It's fine," I say with a weak smile.
Calum nods, "Yeah. No worries. We're good."
Ashton smiles and looks up, "that's good. I guess I go now since it looks like you guys were in the middle of something."
I nod and Ashton walks away.

"Okay, now you tell me what's going on," Calum says.
"Okay... Well... Uh..." I say and I look down again.
Calum looks at me, waiting for me to say what's in my mind.
"How do I say this in the right way?" I ask, more to myself. I look up.
"Just say it. Go for it. Scream it out!" Calum says with a smile.
I laugh, "so you just want me to tell it?"
He nods, "straight to the point."

"I like you," I burst out. "Like you like you."
Calum looks at me for a few seconds. I try to read his emotions but I can't. He doesn't say a word. I look at my hands. "I know it's stupid and weird and you won't feel the same and whatever. You just had to know because... I don't know."
"You like me?" Calum asks slowly.
I nod, "yea..." I give him an awkward look and scratch the back of my neck.
"Oh... Wow," Calum says with a small blush on his cheeks. "I-I don't know what to say."

"It's fine," I say and sigh. "Just reject me. It's fine. I don't care."
"No," Calum says.
I look at him in surprise, "no?"
Calum smirks a little, "I'm not going to reject you."
I frown and shake my head in confusion, "You're not? What?"
He sighs and leans back, "nope. I have to admit that I kind of cought feelings for you. But I've been pushing them down because... You know... I guess the same reason as you."
I smile weakly, "So do you wanna go on a date sometime?"
He smiles, "I would love to."