lucky charm

thank you for 4k <<3

"I really can't believe you." luke bitterly laughed into his cell phone. "she was upset luke! im still friends with her she needed me." michael shouted in a whisper. "It's like shes your number one again." the blonde mumbled shutting his bedroom door so his mom wouldn't hear him as well. "you're my number one, baby-"

"dont call me baby, we've been dating for 10 months michael, you started to date me right after you guys broke up.. i should've known better." luke whispered the ending. "luke?" Liz called from down stairs causing the blonde to sigh. "ill talk to you later i guess." he mumbled hanging up before michael could even reply.

it was now nine in the afternoon and luke was listening to music before his phone went off.

michael
are you still coming to my football game tomorrow?

luke
i dont know i did tell my little cousin i would help her make cookies for her bake sale

michael
can't you bring her to the game and make them afterwards? ill help

luke
i doubt she would want to go and shes really impatient so i dont think she would want to wait longer

michael
really?

michael
Ashtons girlfriend wears his jersey and writes his number on her face and cheers for him. and she doesn't even go to our school!

luke
well sorry, maybe you can have lindsay do it

Lindsay never got over michael, even though shes the one who ended things. She still even flirted with him right in front of his boyfriend. Luke felt tear prickled his eyes before his brother jack walked in. "hey luke have you seen my– whats wrong?" he asked walking in quickly. The three brothers were very close, after their dad died a little bit after luke was born.

"I think Michaels cheating on me with his ex." the blonde whimpered wiping his tears away. "what makes you say that?" jack asked walking up luke hugging him. "i saw them hugging but it wasn't like a friendly hug it looked like how michael holds me. At first they would still hang out and i didn't even like that but i let it happen but then today when i saw them... there's no doubt that they still love each other." he whispered

"You do know what lindsay is going through right now right?" jack whispered causing Luke to start to get mad. even his fucking brother cares about that back stabbing bitch. "No, Michael won't tell me even though i have literally no one else to tell except the dog." he said annoyed.

"Luke– her dad– hes having an affair... with someone my age, nineteen" Lukes heart immediately stop. "Okay well i didn't know that. Can you please go?" he spoke with a himt of venom in his voice causing jack to roll his eyes before leaving.

Luke immediately got out his journal.

Entry #185

dear journal,

So yesterday i wrote in here that i was for sure that michael was cheating on me with lindsay but just a second ago Jack came in and told me Lindsays dad was having a affair with a teenager. once he told me that i got embarrassed because michael did tell me she had family problems but i didn't believe him. i told jack to leave and now im stuck thinking about it... Lindsay had nobody to talk to as a kid, except for me but that was obviously before she stopped being my friend for no reason. I have Calum to tell my problems to and Lindsay has Michael. Michael is her calumher personnow i feel like a shitty person

~ Luke

Luke closed his journal, tucking it under his matress making sure it was hidden well before covering up in his big wooly blanket drifting off to bed.

—-

Michael was shoving his bookbag in his locker sighing. He didn't want him and luke to fight anymore, he really wanted to tell luke the reason he's been around lindsay but it wasn't his place to tell. He just wanted luke to trust him.

"hey." michael heard quietly along with a tap on the shoulder. he turned around to be faced with probably his new most favorite sight. Luke was wearing michaels away game jersey, the numbers one and five written on each cheek. Blue and yellow dots –their school colors– also adorned lukes face as he worn them as a side ways S (a/n hopefully you guys know what it looks like idk how to describe it and idk what its called oops)

"baby!" michael smiled picking luke up and spinning him around before kissing him. "sorry i know you dont like kissing in public but i just had too." he continued to smiled.

"im so so sorry, i got mad at you for just being lindsays support. im such a terrible person please don't be mad." Luke whispered hugging michael.

"i could never be mad at you." michael said taking the blondes hands in his. "you know you couldve waited until before the game, now you have to wear that all day" he laughed before taking a bracelet off of lukes wrist, it was a baby blue and in white letters it said 'luke' michael gave it to him a week after they got together.

"you and this bracelet will be my good luck charm for tonight." michael smiled before kissing the blonde once again. "ill see you in chem?" luke asked blushing before michael nodded, "ill save you a seat, i love you."

"i love you too." luke replied as the two walked their separte ways.

That night michael won the game taking them to championships, thanks to his lucky charm.

___
okay so i didnt know what to name this first it was 'football game' and now its 'lucky charm' which do you guys like better?

also i give my new school a solid 10/10 like i actually WANT to go and i havent felt like that since i was 11 and in 5th:)

vote and comment i love getting feedback!! (especially comments) <3