40/2 - Tunnels

"Is everything okay?" A few people ask all concerned at the restaurant. Taehyung urges them to calm down and continue with their activities while I cling to Yoongi, utterly shaken.

"Calm down, my brunette girl, calm down... everything will be alright." I embrace him tighter, and he rests his head against mine, eliciting a chuckle from me.

"Brunette who? Why?"

Yoongi laughs a bit. "You always call me the blonde dude, so this is a nickname for you."

I smirk, feeling butterflies in my stomach. Despite Yoongi hurting me in the past, I enjoy being with him. There's something about him that draws me in, even though I don't want to dwell on the painful memories. It's easy to justify it.

I was basically stupid.

Later, Taehyung hugs me tightly until I can barely breathe. They invite me to sit with them, and Yoongi orders a meal for me.

"You look bad, sis," pouts Taehyung, sitting across from me and Yoongi. "Did he even feed you?"

"I don't think we should question her; let's just make her feel better, Taehyung," adds Yoongi.

"Never mind. I'm still in shock from what happened. Honestly... I've never seen Jungkook that mad before. He was exploding. It looked scary as hell, and I don't want to remember it." I shake my head. Yoongi's hand comforts me, stroking my thigh under the table.

"You're with us. So forget it," he reassures, smirking.

I manage a brief smile and glance at Taehyung, who watches us with a somewhat perplexed and amused look. "I told everyone that you two like each other, but no one believes me." He flashes his beautiful box smile, warming my heart.

Yoongi seems uneasy after Taehyung's words. He moves his hand away from me, nervously running it through his blonde hair.

"Uhm. It's not even that I like her more than a friend."

"Yeah, yeah. Absolutely no," teases Taehyung.

"Business partners," Yoongi quickly asserts.

"Business partners," I repeat with a nod.

Later, the food arrives, finally offering a break from the usual ramen or whatever Jungkook used to feed me. I feel refreshed after consuming a proper meal, joking around with Taehyung. Yoongi, on the other hand, remains quieter, checking his phone every ten minutes, indicating he's not entirely at ease.

It's Jeon Jungkook, after all. It can't be good.

During a conversation with Taehyung, I remember a few things I witnessed while with Jungkook. Should I share them? Is it the right thing to do?

I sigh. "I've seen some strange pictures of girls in the room I was living in."

Yoongi immediately becomes alert, asking who they were.

"It was three girls. During a little argument with him, I mentioned them, and he claimed that it was his job... he really killed those girls, and I was next on the list if I will leave him." I pause, feeling the tension rise.

"He's sick..." I look at my brother, who appears pale and scared by my revelation.

"So, this is it. He has troubles with containing himself normal when he's with a girl, and if she doesn't love him back, he goes insanse and finds another one. It's a never-ending circle..." Yoongi's words trigger memories of Jungkook's behavior.

Jungkook looked at me angrily and darkly, his heavy breathing intensifying.

"They deserved it."