47 - A memory

AFTER TWO MONTHS

SEOKJIN's POV

Time flies quickly, and over the past two months, I've made regular visits to Taehyung in the rehabilitation centre where he improved his condition a lot. He stayed in the White army place and then we secretly would meet for his rehabilitation. I was careful to avoid Yoongi and Hoseok. They have no idea about my alliance with Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung is recovering well. Since he hasn't been outdoing himself with activities and has been resting as much as possible, his shin has healed nicely. He can finally walk, though the nurse has forbidden him from running or exercising for a while.

When I arrive, Taehyung is already standing and talking to his professional, fully dressed. She hands him some documents to sign and pats his shoulder with a smile. When they finish, Taehyung waves at me and approaches quickly.

"I didn't expect you to be the one to meet me on my final rehabilitation day," he smiles briefly.

"Me neither."

Taehyung sighs and checks his phone. "I thought Yoongi hyung would come, but he didn't. You haven't told him about us?"

I shake my head. "No way. I know him too well. He'd immediately attack you for trusting the wrong people. He'd be furious, Taehyung, so don't test his patience."

The brown-haired boy looks down sadly, staring at his phone. "He did nothing to save Yuja this whole time. Two months. I was hoping he'd try something. He has Namjoon and Hoseok, and they're always on his side."

I understand Tae's frustration. I don't know all the details of Yoongi's and Yuja's love story, but I'm sure Yoongi is just too weak. He probably still convinces himself that Yuja isn't important to him, though deep down, he knows it's a lie.

So, all he does is wait. 

Wait for something to happen.

How much more pathetic can it get?

At this point, Kim Taehyung is the strongest and most determined of us all. And I really want to help him.

LATER

"Hyung, you need to visit Yuja one more time. Tell her to collect all the photos of those dead girls and keep them safe," Taehyung says as we exit the rehab centre.

"Don't you know that's what electronic devices are for? I can just call her."

Taehyung looks dumbfounded. "Oh, yes, good idea. It'll be safer for you to avoid Jungkook."

I roll my eyes, laughing at his silliness but finding it endearing. He's so much like her.

"But don't you think he spies on her phone? What if he knows? What if Jimin or Jungkook catch you?" He can't stop acting nervous.

"Relax. She's smart. She won't let herself get caught. Just calm down," I say, trying to soothe him. A moment later, I dial her number and nervously wait for her to answer.

I don't have to wait long.

"Hello?"

"It's Seokjin," I say quietly, trying to gauge if she's okay.

There's a silent pause, then her voice returns. "Wow... why always you?"

I’m taken aback but then slowly smirk. "Yeah, exactly, why always me when I have no interest in Kim Yuja and am only helping her out of necessity? I guess you weren't expecting my soothing voice?"