chapter 8!!!!

My mother is sitting there. what is she doing here? Why is she in my house? She probably got in because Peeta and I don't lock the door when we go out. Nobody in district 12 robs because since the rebelion Dirstrict 12 isn't poor anymore. But why is my mother here? I'm still sorta mad because she left me here alone with no one but Haymtich at first. But now I have Peeta, I understand that she didn't want to return because of Prim's death but she left me, alone.

"Mom?" I say scared a little, I just don't know what will happen.

"Katniss, I'm sorry." She immediatly hugs me.

"Mom, you left me." I say, I don't know what to say. Peeta gives me a reassuring nod.

"I know Katniss. I'm sorry, I came to make things right, I am going to stay here now. In District 12." She says

I'm surprised. She is going to stay here, for me. I never had a relationship with my mother like I did with my father. She never told me she loved me, except for once or twice but now I actually can feel it without her telling me. Peeta smiles, his mother never cared much about him but him seeing my mother on the egde of tears, hugging me and saying sorry, he can't help but smile.

"I forgive you." I say

"You do?" she says like she wasn't sure that I was gonna forgive her.

"I don't want to fight with you mom. I want my life to be normal for once. I want to have my mother with me. Last time I saw you was in my wedding and we still didn't get to talk but I miss you mom." I say. I really do miss her.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so happy you forgive me. Always remember that I love you." She says giving me a hug.

I love her too. I smile, maybe my life will get a little better.

"I love to you too mom." I say, I feel like I'm going to cry a little.

We hug for awhile and then Peeta said he will bring us some coffee and sweet bread. I love his sweet bread, everyone does. Peeta goes in the kitchen, my mom and I sit on the couch together.

"Peeta is a great guy." My mom says.

"Thanks, see I can have a good husband. I really love him." I say. Only my mom and I can hear the conversation, we are in a low tone so Peeta won't hear.

"I can see you really do. He loves you so much too."

I want to tell her about the baby but not yet, Peeta has to be here.

"Thanks mother." I say while I smile.

"What happened to Gale?" She asks.

My smile turns into a frown, I have some tears wanting to come out but I put them back in.

"I hate him." I say so dull.

"What happened?" She asks so curiously.

"He wants me back when I already am married to Peeta. He hurted me, and he insulted Peeta." I say wanting to cry but I don't. I'm tired of crying.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. You and Peeta are better off without him." She says feeling sympathy for me.

"Thanks mom. so why did you come back to District 12?" I ask trying to change the conversation.

"To be with you. I'm going to work in one of the new hospitals. I asked for a transform and they let me work there.... I want a better relationship with you."

My mother is really trying to have a good relationship.

"Thanks mom. Do you have a place to stay for now?" I ask her