Answer: 1

A/n: This chapter is published and dedicated to my one and only pestering friend for asking me to publish all the chapters! 😜 AriyaNavarra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My friends hate me."

"Hold up. I'm your friend and I don't hate you!"

"My school friends!"

"Oh..."

"My cousin came over...I just broke down in front of her."

"Are you guys close?"

"Yeah. Really close. But she also loves everyone, so telling her I hate someone who's also close friends with her is really hard! I don't want her to feel bad or conflicted!"

"Hey listen. Listen y/n. If she's truly as great as you say, she'll listen to both sides before saying anything. So first breathe. You've been crying, so wash your face, and go talk to her. Even if you break down, keep going. Tell her how you feel. Let her know."

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll do that."

"And y/n? I'll talk to your parents. We can go to the beach together ok?"

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Of course! You have no idea how much I love you!"

I blushed at his words.

"Um Tae? You may want to reword what you said otherwise people may misunderstand..."

"Why? I do love you! Oh wait. Ok, sorry! Agh!"

I heard a slap.

"Tae? You ok?"

"Facepalmed...that's all. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel awkward."

"You didn't."

"What?"

"I didn't feel awkward. I actually thought that was sweet of you."

I heard him go silent. I stifled a giggle.

"Well I should probably head back down."

"Uh yeah. Where are you right now."

"Bathroom," I laughed.

I ended the call and after washing my face for the fifth time, I opened the bathroom door. I flinched when I came face to face with Aera, who seemed like she was ready to cry.

"Really?"

"S-Sorry," I stuttered, not knowing what I was apologizing for.

"Y/n! You should've told me! I don't care if I know both of you well! I didn't mean to hurt you in any way! Is that why you left when Min Jae came?"

"Sorry. I know that was rude. I didn't know what else to do. I just—I'm sorry."

She gave me another hug.

"Cry."

I burst out sobbing for the second or third time that day. She rubbed circles on my back trying to sooth me. I felt so comfortable, I stopped crying sooner than I expected. I looked up at Aera's guilty face.