Chapter Twenty-eight

Virgil's P.O.V

Man, I knew that that spell would take a toll but I feel like crap. 

"Alright Virgil it has been a day and Thomas is with us now so are you finally going to explain why you risked your life yesterday to restore Roman's magic power," Logan says much calmer than before. I messaged Carsen 10 minutes ago but he still hasn't arrived. I hope he's okay. 

"Sorry I'm late Virge. Dee had me training and wouldn't let me leave until I could either beat Hunter or was unable to fight anymore," a familiar voice says from behind me. 

I turn around to look at Carsen. He's beat up pretty bad and can't even stand. I walk over and help him off the floor.

"He had you fighting Hunter! He really has lost it..." I say the last part to myself. 

"This is one of my other sides?" Thomas asks kind of scared. 

"I'm your jealousy, Carsen. You don't need to be scared of me, unlike the others I don't want to hurt any of you," he states simply. "That being said, Roman I'm sorry I didn't stop Hunter sooner but I had to make sure Dee wasn't watching anymore. I'm also sorry for helping Dee take control of you but I didn't have any choice," he says. Princey grips the sword in his hand but when I look at him it disappears. Good, I was worried he would try something.

"Virgil, why is he here?" Patton asks softly and helps me lead him to the couch. Thomas offers to heal him but he quickly refuses. 

"If you do Dee will know I was here and..." he looks down not wanting to finish so I do it for him. 

"If he finds out Carsen is trying to help us he's going to lock him away again," I say. I hear Patton gasp softly and Carsen laugh softly. 

"Something funny?" I ask and he looks up. 

"No, sorry it's just that," he looks at Patton, "you are definitely Patton and exactly how Virge said you were." 

[You should see it Car, he's so nice and for being the eldest trait, kind of like a kid]

Patton looks confused but then smiles at him. 

"Sorry to interrupt but," Thomas says to get our attention, "what exactly are you doing here? Virgil hasn't told us anything and I'm still silently freaking out that a dark side is sitting on the commons couch." 

I glare at him but before I say anything Carsen speaks up and I notice the slight sad look on his face. 

"Dark side... Do you guys even know what that means? Despite all the crap Dee is pulling, we're not evil. 'Dark side' is just what people call the thoughts and feelings no one likes. Everyone on earth has some degree of us in them, whether they like it or not," he explains. 

"I know you won't like this but Virge knows this, he's still considered a dark side. Logan knows this as well," he says looking at him.

"What are you talking about? Logan?" Patton asks. 

"Yes, I am fully aware of his 'label' but that is not who Virgil is," Logan says calmly. 

"Exactly my point," Carsen says confusing Logan. "Despite what we represent for our host, with Thomas' ability to bring us to 'life' we all seem to have our own interests and hobbies. In a way our own personalities, which are centered around what we represent," he starts. I forgot that Carsen is almost as smart as Logan. 

"However, we all still feel human sensations. Pain and pleasure, happiness and sadness, hate and love and so on. You are the best example of this because even though you are logic and you try to hide them you still feel emotions. If you didn't you wouldn't be with Patton," he finishes.