Epilogue

Hey, it's me, Alex. I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been keeping up with this story and never leaving it, even when things went rough. I'm overly happy with the support it got and how people send me daily messages about it. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting me.

This story means a lot to me. Even though I personally never lost someone in my family because of cancer, I've had important people around me losing to this disease. And I know many other people lose to it. The thought makes me sick, knowing how horrible it is for family, friends and known ones. Building up the tension in this specific story, so readers won't know at all what's probably gonna happen, is kind of comparable to the situation itself. You never know if you're able to beat this cancer of not. You can't be sure. And unfortunately, Katsuki isn't sure himself. But the ending was planned from the beginning. I wanted him to survive, not to make it a cute story, but to give people who fear and who know about it a little bit of hope. There always is hope, you just need the right people around you and the right mindset. No matter how cheesy it sounds, Katsuki had his reason for living, his reason for fighting. And even after giving up, his reason brought him back and showed him the way to a peaceful future. That's what love can do.

The idea of the story came to me in my regular English lesson, when we read and watched the novel and movie called „My sister's keeper". The story kind of got a grip to me and made me think about how life would be, if someone who is close to you, or yourself, would have such a disease. It inspired me a lot and in the end, I'm happy to write it. The research for the story has been a pain in the neck, it took a very long time, but I am very glad I did it and that I'm more informed in general. I hope people will understand how much work is inside this story and I'm happy to share it with everyone online. Feel free to text me whenever you like and share your opinion on it. I'm grateful and I hope to be writing more in the future!

With love, Alex