Chapter 5: Italica Part 1

EN ROUTE TO ITALICA

Y/N POV:

3rd Recons' is heading to city called "Italica" from what we were told the city is not only a strategic crossroad city. But a major economic center, good opportunity to observe how trade and commerce are done around here. We stop a few kliks outside the city cause we could see a column of smoke.

Itami: Alright, this is the second time we're running into a cloud of smoke.

Y/N: Yeah, just our luck.

Lelei is looking through a pair of binos the wrong way and I turn them around for her.

Iatmi: Heads up everybody let's be sure to keep our eye's open.

Lelei: Smoke's black, must be trouble.

Itami: D'you know what it's from?

Lelei: Looks like it's...man...made...it's a flower.

Kurata: A flower?

Y/N: I think you meant "Fire" there Little Lady "Fi-re."

Lelei: Fi-re.

Itami: Well look at you, playing "Big Brother" aren't we?

Y/N: Oh shut up.

Lelei gives me a small smile

Itami: How do you think we should play this "Mr. Advisor"

Y/N: Well, two things could be happening. One they're have a raging bon fire party, or two the city's under siege. We should hang back at safe distance and observe the situation. If the if city is under siege we should pick the opportune time to intervene and assist the defenders. But going in would risk us getting overrun and having to pull out. It's your call Itami.

Itami gets on the radio.

Itami: Let's all stay awake there people and keep moving...And remember...watch the sky as well as the ground.

Kuribayashi: *radio* 3-2 Wilco.

Y/N: Okay, we're going in. But maintain 360 security at all times.

Rory looks on with a smile and licks her lips

Itami: What's your deal?

Rory: *giggles* There's blood in the air.

TIME SKIP: OUTSIDE ITALICA

Y/N POV:

Italica is under siege by brigands, the only people defending the city are a few trained soldiers and a civilian militia. The attackers have been driven off for now, but they're probably just regrouping. We park our vehicles outside the walls and wait.

Itami: Think they noticed us yet?

Y/N: If not it's a miracle they've held the city this long.

Then we here a voice coming from the city

???: Identify yourselves! If you're not our enemy come into the open now!

Y/N: Well it's about time.

Itami: How do you think we should play this?

I get on the radio

Y/N: Listen up, this is how it's gonna go down. Me, Itami, Rory, Tuka, and Lelei are going move to the city gate on foot. Nobody makes a move until we give the call. And if the worst should happen I want you to wheel the vehicles around and get out of here. Understood?

Kuribayashi: *radio* Y-Yes sir.

Y/N: Itami, we'll leave our rifles here but keep our side arms handy we don't want to provoke any hostility. Lelei, Tuka, Rory you head up first, Itami and I will follow behind you.