Chapter 18: The Magic City of Rondel

Alnus Hill, Division HQ

Y/N POV:

After everything that happened with the dragon, the SDF brought us back to Alnus Hill. The medics patched me up as best they could, Itami was about to get out of the transport when I stopped him. I told him I wanted to face the music with him, he slung my arm over his shoulder and takes me over to HQ. Despite the pain I still stand next to Itami as the Major presents himself before us along with the command staff.

Itami: L/N you should really go to the Infirmary.

Y/N: *painful groan* I'm responsible for this too. Besides, *painful groan* it's funny to watch you get your ass chewed out.

Itami: Screw you man.

Higaki: Chief of Special Region Dispatch 3rd Deep Recon Surveillance Unit, First Lieutenant Yoji Itami. You are suspended for two weeks. Relieved from your rank, and confined to Special Region Headquarters.

Itami: Yeah...I figured as much.

Higaki: You're a disgrace. You abandon your subordinates and acted solely on your own accord. Along with dragging our American attache with you and nearly getting him killed. 

Itami: I was prepared for the consequences.

Y/N: Major, *painful groan* I acted of my own accord as well. Lieutenant Itami didn't force or coerce me to go with him. I *painful groan* fully accept the responsibility of my actions. *painful groan* Sir. 

Higaki: Very well Marine. Deputy-Chief of Special Region 3rd Deep Recon Surveillance Unit, First Lieutenant F/N L/N you are also suspended. However you are confined to the Infirmary until you are fit for active duty. My god man, you can barley stand.

Y/N: *painful groan* Pain is just weakness leaving the body sir. 

I see General Hazama coming out of the building coming towards us.

Y/N: General on deck! *salutes*

Everyone salutes the General as he approaches and he glances at us for a few seconds

Hazama: Now to receive your honors!

Y/N & Itami: Huh?

Higaki: Did you say honors?!

The General brought us to the conference room and there to our surprise there were scrolls and letters addressed to us personally including that diamond Yao brought.

Hazama: Commendations are bestowed upon the both of you by the Minister of the Defense. L/N you are to awarded the Navy Cross, for saving Japanese hostages! Also, from the King of Elbe, you have been given letters of appreciation....And granted titles of nobility. You also received letters of appreciation...from the tribal leader of the Dark Elves making you both honorary tribe members. L/N you've earned some sort of ownership of a girl named Yao. I hope I can trust you not abuse this.