Chapter 23: And Thus The Marine Fought There

Highway

Y/N POV:

I'm speeding down the highway to the Imperial Capital. I'm little jittery but that's because I'm fucked up on Ripped Fuel. But Itami told me not to stop for anything and I'm scaring the girls. I also to play some tunes on my to get me more pumped for the fight that's coming up.

I really hope that thing doesn't turn into a quagmire like we got into like we got into with the Middle East. We gotta get to Capital, extract Pina, and the Emperor and get out of there. If that fucker Zorzal gets in the way I will personally put a bullet in his pretty boy face! I come up to up bump and in the road and we hit it straight on and jump a few feet in the air hit the ground making everyone shuffle around. Did I mention I'm fucked on Ripped Fuel?

Y/N: WHOOO! THAT WAS FUCKIN' AWESOME!!

Lelei: L/N, please be careful!

Rory: Do you honestly need to drive so fast?

Tuka: You're scaring us, Darling!

Yao: You need to stop driving so fast! Slow down! L/N!

Y/N: Hey, can I just tell all you something?... Lelei, having you around is like having a kid sister. I-I gotta cousin that's about your age. Sh-She's been like a sister to me most of my life....Rory, Rory you are one hell of a battle buddy and I am so glad you are with us. I wish I could bring you to the Middle East. Oh my god! You a have a fucking field day there! You probably put and end to goddamn quagmire it's become over there! *crazy laughter*....Tuka, Yao I'm so sorry that I have been a jerk to you two. It's just that...I really love Kuribayashi, a-and I really care about you two as well and if I have to...I'll take full responsibility, I will. I'm not gonna walk out on this that would be unbecoming of me both as a Marine and as a man.

Tuka and Yao both blush while Rory and Lelei raise an eyebrow.

Rory: Itami, what's wrong with him?

Itami: He took some called "Ripped Fuel." I guess it's making make him think out loud. But it's gonna get us to the Capital, I guess?

Y/N: Oh shit! Here comes another one!

I come up to another bump in the road and I hit it full speed. Jump up a few feet in the air and land causing everyone to shift around again. Then another song starts playing on the speaker. and I start singing with it.

Y/N: "THEY CAME FOR THE SKIES WITH THEIR PARACHUTES ON! SOVIET TROOPS OPERATION RED DAWN! BOLSHEVIK COMMIES FROM THE COLD WAR! BACK TO ATTACK THE AMERICAN SHORE! THEY CAME THROUGH THE WATER IN THE SUBMARINES! SOVIET TROOPS PACKED LIKE SARDINES! FIFTY STATES ON THE RED ALERT! READY TO FACE THE COMMUNIST TROOPS"...

TIME SKIP: IMPERIAL CAPITAL, JSDF SAFE HOUSE

Y/N POV:

I drove for for almost the entire day, til we finally reached the safe house. Director Nyutabaru was there, he had informed us that the SDF already conducted the raid, evacuated political prisoners and civilians, decimated Zorzal's army, and withdrew. Fuck! I wish was here for that! I told Itami that the Ripped Fuel was starting to wear off and I needed to rest for a couple of hours. The Director said I could use a room upstairs, so I got up there, unpacked my gear, and just crashed on the bunk. After some time passed I heard a knock on the door. I rub my eyes and I look and my watch.