Chapter 3: What Has Happened?

"Mikey?" Donnie questioned again. Could it be? After all this time, could it be? The figure let out a low growl. He took a step back into the darkness. "No, wait!" Donnie said, holding out his hand. "We want to help." The creature stopped and cocked its head. It then took a small step forward. And then another. And another. Eventually, the creature was in the light. The turtles gasped at what they saw.

The creature was small and had stripes and fur all over it. It stood on two feet. It had tiny ears and big, bright blue eyes. The shell he had had a belt to hold the nunchucks he carried. His hands showed claws and had wraps around them. As did his feet. But the most important part was the torn, orange mask he was wearing on his face.

The brothers stared. The creature stared back. It was a never ending staring contest. That is, until Leo finally stepped up. "M-Mikey, is that you?" The creature whimpered. He got down on all fours and slowly crawled to Leo. Leo froze. What was he going to do? Attack him? But as soon as the creature got to Leo, he rubbed his head against his leg and looked up at him. Baby blue eyes met dark blue ones. Leo mouth fell open slightly. "It is him!" He exclaimed to his brothers. "It's Mikey! Oh my gosh Mikey, I can't believe we finally found you!" Leo fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around his little brother. Mikey nuzzled his head into his neck and purred. Donnie and Raph looked at each other. They both let out a laugh of triumph and fell to their knees beside their brothers. They wrapped their arms around them and they all stayed in that position for a long time.

I love this chapter. It's so cute between the brothers. Oh, and btw, yes, the Mikey I was describing in this chapter is the one on the cover. I plan to update soon. Hope you guys liked it!