Home for the Holidays - Part Two

After our encounter in the kitchen early this morning, Jamel barely said two words to me the rest of the day. We had a rather quiet Christmas/my birthday and I wasn't as sad as I usually am. While we were opening presents, I caught Jamel stealing glances at me, but didn't say anything about it because our parents were there and that would have just been weird.

The only two words he did say to me was "you're welcome," when I thanked him for the gift he gave me. It was a gold necklace that had his nickname for me on it. Even though before last night I hated that name, I was surprised at how thoughtful he was to get it for me.

After blowing out my birthday candles I realized how exhausted I was after not really sleeping last night, and decided to hit the sack. If I had known going to sleep so early would have me up by 11 p.m., I would have tried to stay up a little longer. I woke up gripping my new necklace and that was all I needed to prompt me to walk to my stepbrother's door. The TV light was on just like last night, so I knocked, hoping he was still awake.

"Hey."

"Hey Melo, what's up?" He stood at the door with it cracked. Not inviting me in. He seemed put off by me since he abruptly ended our kiss in the kitchen. Maybe I was a horrible kisser and he was trying to let me down easy. He probably thought I was fat like all the guys at my former high school.

"Uhhhhh, uhhhhh," I was trying to think of something to say when I peered over his shoulder and saw a naked man and woman in a compromising position on his TV.

"What are you watching, Jamel?" I assumed it was a porno, but I'd never seen one before, so I wasn't sure. I pushed past him and pressed play. Loud moans came from the speakers of the television and I heard his bedroom door slam behind me in the distance.

"What the fuck Melody!"

I was too wrapped up in what the man was doing to the woman on the TV to respond to him. Turning my head sideways, I watched in awe as he placed his head between her legs. I could see her vagina glistening but I knew the wetness wasn't from his tongue.

"Oh, so that's normal?" I whispered to myself, but Jamel heard me. He turned off the TV.

"What's normal?"

"Nothing. Nothing."

"Has someone done that to you before?!"

"What? No way! I was just, like, kinda damp down there yesterday after we--" a smirk spread across his lips.

"What?" I asked naively.

"You got wet after we kissed?" His tone was a mixture of surprise and lustfulness, but he quickly course-corrected back to his normal self.

"Yea that's normal, for some one as inexperienced as you are." I was so embarrassed I could have run out the room, but something told me to stay.

"What does that mean, Jamel?" He huffed and rubbed his face, not really annoyed, but like he was stressed. He sat on the edge of his bed and patted next to him for me to sit too. I sat close to him, like I'd been wanting too all day.

"Melo, when a woman--"

"I'm not a woman."

"Technically you are now, today's your 18th birthday. Remember?" I nodded for him to continue.