The Best Man - Part Four

It's been a minute, so I suggest you go back and skim the other Best Man chapters as a refresher (It's been five months🥴). They're good so just gone head and read 'em lol.

—————

You ready for this?" Chris wrapped Sanai's hand around his muscled arm as they stood in front the doors that led to the wedding chapel.

"I think so. Oh, here's your handkerchief. Thanks for letting me borrow it earlier."

"Just keep it. I have a feeling you may need it again soon," he joked. She got lost in his laugh, momentarily losing the ability to think straight. His smile was blinding and his smooth brown skin looked like the sweetest chocolate milk and she was so thirsty for another taste.

"So Ronnie. She's--"

"My ex-fiancé," he asserted before Sanai could finish her thought.

"Well, I was going to say Ariel's cousin, but yea. Your ex-fiancé too."

"That was a long time ago Sanai," he didn't want anything in his past with Ronnie to effect anything that was developing with his new love interest.

"Oh ok. Gotcha." She seemed to be drifting deep into thought and he didn't want her to overthink his relationship with Ronnie, especially since he didn't know what she knew about them.

He leaned down close to her and pushed her newly straightened hair away from her ear with his face and whispered, "I want to see you again tonight, Nai. Last night was--" He paused involuntarily as memories from the night before clouded his mind. "I can't stop thinking about you."

Sanai felt her heart jump as his words vibrated in her ear, but she didn't know if it was a warning or an OK to continue what they started. This new knowledge and presence of his ex was throwing her off.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Sanai ended up using Chris' handkerchief as he predicted. What neither of them predicted was the intense chemistry building between them. His eyes never left hers as Bryan recited his vows to his new wife. Thankfully no one seemed to notice, at least that's what Sanai hoped.

 Thankfully no one seemed to notice, at least that's what Sanai hoped

***

"What are you doing Chris?" The middle-aged woman was suddenly backed into a corner in the large banquet room at the wedding reception.

"You know exactly what I'm doing Ms. Johnson." He grinned deviously.

His hands unashamedly gripped her ass, making her jump in shock and excitement.

"We can't do this Chris..." her voice faded out in the most unconvincing way, letting him know she was enjoying the moment as much as he was. When he pressed his lips against hers, she kissed him back, forgetting where she was and focused on his tongue entering her mouth.  Ms. Johnson was quickly brought back down to Earth when her phone started vibrating in her hand, reminding her it was almost time for the mother/son dance.