The Bitch Song

Nate's POV

"Matt, you're mutated bear is blocking my windshield." Michael said jokingly.

"It won't be if Nate will just let me put the bear on the backseat." He retorted back. "And it's not a mutated bear, you ass."

"No fucking way. Your mutated bear might smother me to death with its 'I love you' pillow." I deadpanned, earning a snort from Michael. Then I pointed to the bouquet beside me. "And your flowers are already annoying enough."

"Fine." Matt sighed. "If only I had my car then I wouldn't have to put up with you retards."

I smirked at him. We all decided to take Michael's car because Matt's mother took his car because hers was under repairs and I wasn't in any mood to drive. After a stop at the flower shop where Matt bought the biggest bouquet of white roses there, we were finally cruising to the amusement park. The flowers were taking so much space that I was almost pressed to the door.

"Just let him be, Matt." Michael said with a grin. "You know why he's all grumpy."

"Oh? Oh..." he trailed off as he finally remembered why. He glanced back at me and shook his head. "I thought you already resolved this, Nate."

"I don't know what's eating her." I murmured. "She's always so hard on me that I almost can't stand it. Hell, this is so frustrating."

"It must have been something that you said." Michael pointed out. "When was the last time you talked to each other, anyway?"

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Last Monday. She looked a little peeved and I knew something was eating her. Then I told her that she could rely on us if she needs some help. And then, she started ignoring me and blowing me off."

Matt made a thoughtful noise in his throat. "Misha once mentioned to me that she's been having reoccurring nightmares."

"Nightmares?"

"Yeah. Nightmares about her walking around dark hallways or something like that."

"Weird," Michael commented.

"I know." Matt agreed then glanced at me. "That must be what's bothering her, Nate."

"I guess so." I muttered, looking out the window. "But what's that got to do with ignoring me? I just wanted to show her that I could be trusted and depended on. What do I have to do to earn that?"

Michael clucked his tongue at me. Matt began to peruse Michael's messy CD collection. Then he grinned. Michael cocked an eyebrow at Matt as he put in a Bowling for Soup CD. When the song started, I gave them a dirty look. Michael began to laugh.

♪♫..Is it OK if I speak to you today
You've been pissed off for a week now
But, nothing I can say could make you look up.
Or crack up. Is there anything that I can do
Anything to show you..♪♫  

Matt and Michael sung together, Michael beating his hands on the steering wheel. I scowled at them, knowing that they chose this song for me. Insensitive jerks. Sometimes, I thought that my friends are actually sado-masochists. They loved hurting or embarrassing me even though they knew that I can be pretty violent when set off. But I knew that they just want me to loosen up or have fun.

♪♫..You're a bitchBut I love you anywayOh Oh, you can't sing But you still put me to sleep..♪♫

I reached over to turn it off but Michael made a sudden swift turn, making me tumble back to my seat. They didn't seem to care that I almost crushed the flowers at the sudden move. Or that I could destroy them myself and there's nothing that they can't do about it. But being my friends for so long, they knew that I wasn't not that cruel. They should be thankful that I was really nice. But Ellen didn't seem to think so. I guess first impressions did last.