Chapter : A Flower

CHRISTINA’S POV

I watched from the backstage as Carson said goodbye and one of the crew signaled the official end of the show. Thank God it’s over cause honestly, I’ve been dying to get out of here since Bria left this morning. This was the last day her parents will be here so she spent the entire day with them. This was also the day she got settled in the hotel that the contestants will be staying in. So she’s basically only a few meters away from me and it’s driving me crazy!

The audience started leaving so the crew swarmed the stage and started to fix the equipment. I went to the band area and started putting away the amps and wires they used.

I was minding my own business until I heard footsteps coming towards me. I ignored it, thinking that they were just coming from the other crew members. But as I turned around to disconnect a cable from the amp, I was met by none other than Adam and Usher smirking at me.

"Umm anything I can do for you, gentlemen?" I asked as I adjusted my glasses that was sliding off of my nose.

"Yes. In fact it would be delightful if you can enlighten us about your little chat with your ‘girlfriend’ this morning." Adam wiggled his eyebrows and sat on the amp I was putting away.

"Oh yes that would be delightful indeed!" Usher spoke in an elegant lady voice and grabbed the cable I was holding.

"Why that would be a splendid idea! But unlike some people i know who sit on their asses all day pushing a red button, I have to work so get lost." I laughed and stuck my tongue out at them before moving to another equipment.

"Wow you must know a lot of lazy people. It’s a good thing we’re not like them at all don’t you think so my good, hardworking friend?" Usher grinned and hung an arm on my shoulder.

We laughed for a few good moments before they both helped me pack up.

"So any plans tonight, Miss Grimmie?" Adam asked as he placed the last cables in the black box.

"Yeah actually, I’m going to eat dinner with Bria." I answered and looked around if we missed something. I could have sworn I saw an evil grin appear on Usher and Adam’s faces at the same time.

 "Get it man! Congratulations! Guess Blake was right, you do work fast!" Adam pulled me in for a ’bro hug’ with that grin still on him face.

I murmured a thank you and blushed at the sort of compliment. Do I seriously work that fast?

"By man, I think you mean ’girl’, Adam. And congrats, Christina! Knowing how much of a gentleman Bria is, I’m sure you two would have a great time!" Usher grinned and pulled me away from Adam to also give a hug, only his was like ’this is my sister’ hug.

"Thanks. But seriously, you guys are weird." I said as I pulled away from the hug and raised an eyebrow at them.

"Like you’re not used to it already." Nick spoke as he approached us.

"Hey!" Both Adam and Usher retorted at the same time, earning a laugh from Nick and I.

"Anyway, you can go now, Christina. You still need to get ready for your date." Nick smiled as he motioned for me to leave.

I blushed and gave a shy smile. I said goodbye to the three of them before walking back stage for my things. Then I suddenly realized.

"How did Nick know I have a date tonight?"

NOBODY’S POV

"You slipped!" Adam laughed.

The three were looking back at where Christina disappeared.