Chapter 1: The new beginning

March 5th was the day my mom decided it was time to move yet again. My dad was really abusive and my mom had to put a restraining order in against him. So every time my mom did her research and finished an assignment we had to move in hoping my dad doesn't find us at all...

Sometimes I wonder if he tracks me through the internet or if it's him on the other side of the phone when I pick up and it goes silent. I haven't spoken to him in twelve years actually , so it's hard losing your other half, yes he was abusive . . . but we all had good times together as well. The way my mother looked at him was a sign that love still existed and the way she laughed when they were being silly together, I haven't heard her laugh like that in ages. I walk down stairs from our apartment seeing my mom busy at her laptop. My bag draped over one shoulder and the laces of my shoes barely tied. She looks up at me from the screen. Glaring at me from under her glasses she takes a sip from her coffee.

He called again? Expecting the same answer.

I couldn't believe she could see the rings under my eyes, I covered it so well with make up so I pulled up my shoulders and sighed.

Yes mom he did 3:33 in the morning..

Didn't you put your phone on silent? You need your sleep Ash..

Yes mom I know but I wanted to answer and I hoped he would talk back. -that sounded so stupid, I was reckless and desperate but he was still my father-

She looked at me sympathetically. Honey I know this is hard on you but you didn't get that gash on your head for nothing..

I flashback to the night my dad had a little bit to much to drink and the drugs had kicked in. He held me up against the wall and hit me repeatedly. My lip was open and blood soaked my white shirt scarlet. Like the sin he had committed. My mother was cradled in the corner as she hid her face from him. She took a few good blows two protecting me. The question was simple... Where were you so late? He had asked my mother and the answer was honest, traffic was heavy..

So he hit her against the wall and turned to me asking me the same question and I answered traffic was heavy. So as he picked me up and hit me, the mirror burst into a million pieces cutting my eye open and left a permanent scar.

I shivered at the memory, happy thoughts Ashme, happy thoughts..

Did you pack yet?

All my boxes are in my room, do you want me to bring it down?

No you've got to get to school sweet pea, it's your last day..

Forgive my bitterness mom but I'm not exsited.

Fair enough , we did move five times this year.

Seven! Mom, seven. Can't I have a normal life like a normal teenager? Can't we start all over and just stay somewhere!? Mom I desperately need somewhere I belong..

She stands up from her chair and wraps her arms around me. I know honey, I know but I'm just protecting you. So put your phone on silent and don't pick it up this is bad for your health.

I do as she says and scamper off to school walking in silence the whole way till I reach Sarah's driveway. Sarah and I have been friends for a month now, that's the top time period thus far. She runs up to me with her eyes filled with tears.

We'll keep in touch I say as I embrace her lovingly.

You promise you'll come visit?

Of course! Who else is going to come boy hunting with you?

We have this silly game where we sit at the mall drinking coffee and make up stories of the people in the coffee shop. Cute boys are our targets but they rarely come in Pappet's Coffee and catering. She lightly nudges my arm and pity laughs. You could come stay by me?

My mom would freak! I'll come tonight I say jokingly.

School went by in a blink of an eye and I said my goodbyes to people and teachers.

I get home and the door is wide open. This is the part in the movie where one person in the audience yells: 'don't go in there you idiot! It's a trap'.

I throw my book bag down on the floor and yell to my mom.. No reply so I go inside like the moron I am. The door creaks horrifically and I hear scuffling in my room. I climb the stairs one by one and as I just reach for my bed room door in my room stands a shadowy figure..

My lips tremble and my hands are shaking, what the?

Dylan! You scared me half to death!

He runs to me and picks me up as the hug grows tighter. I'm sorry Me-Me I just had to come see you before you disappear forever.

Darrenville was where we had lived when my parents were still in love and Dylan was my first real friend so we've kept in touch when we moved the first time till we came back.

I just got to tell you something he says while our heads touch. His lips centimetres away from mine as his gorgeous blue-green eyes pierce into mine. His brown hair wild as fire as it fell into his flawless face, beautiful dimples and soft lips. He reminds me of a country boy cause the white shirt complimented the blocked patterned over shirt as the jeans just did him well with his Hight.

He picks me up in one swift motion pushing me against the wall as I gasp at how cold the wall was. He plants his lips on mine as my fingers slip into his hair. I sit on his waist while he closes the available space between us. His hands holding me up and as the kiss deepens he bites my lower lip and pulls away as my hair falls in my face.

I always wanted to do that..

I jump off him landing on my feet as my mom bursts in the door.

I was calling you! Answer me next time ok? I was so worried.. She says running to me and clutched me in her shaking little hands.

Hi, Mrs Grey . . . Dylan greets with the crocked smile that haunts my dreams since we've met.

Hi Dylan how's Debby ?

My moms going strong, the Devore is taking it's toll..

He carries my boxes down stairs till nothing was left in my room except my guitar. I pick it up and strum a little tune and sing a little soft melody.

Dylan coming from behind sliding his hand down my waist kisses my neck and whispers

The lumineers, that's pretty..

I turn to face him putting my guitar on the stand and frown at him..

Why now? Why did you wait this long to show me how you feel?

Cause if you didn't feel the same , I would probably never see you again so it's not a problem.. I'll wait for you ...

I don't know what to say ... I said blushing, wiping the curl out of my face.

He takes my hands , looks me straight the eyes and says the most stupid three words I swore I'd never say after my own parents divorced. I love you...

My mom comes up stairs to tell me it's time to go...

I look at Dylan horrifically as he kisses my cheek and walks me to the car carrying my guitar.

I will wait for you Ashme Grey.. If it's the last thing I do he says handing me my guitar.

I'll be counting on it I say as our lips meet for the last time ever. Cause now it's off to London.. And I'm not prepared.