Chapter 8: enough is enough!

I was walking home with my earphones in my ears blaring music as loud as it could go. How could my own mother lie to me? everything I thought I knew was a lie.. and Noah? he couldn't have the decency to tell me what type of school I was enrolling in, or what he was for that matter?! I storm into my house and throw my back pack on the ground in front of the door. My mother sitting at the table typing away at her laptop. Without looking picks up the cup of coffee next to her and greets me absentmindedly.

how was your day sweet-pea?

interesting I said looking at her scoldingly.

she quits working for a while and looks at me for a minute as i study her.. am I on probation?

maybe i said turning to the fridge to get myself a soda.

what did i do? she asks like we swopped places for just that time period while putting away her laptop and getting up from the chair she was sitting on to come to me. she's not an inch taler than me yet this time she looks taller, as if ready for fight.

I want you to tell me about Dart I said in a sigh looking away. we never discussed my father after the accident and the gash he gave me. but my mom looks like she has been expecting the question.

You never want to talk about him and I want to know why the hell everyone is keeping secrets! You never want to talk about him and if i bring it up it's like I'm skinning a cat. These kids at my school they're wildly talented..

who told you? She broke me off mid sentence.

The principle at our school did mom! my friend ripped a hydrant out of the wall and beat the crap our of this one girl! ...and this is the best part really.. i say resting my hand on the counter not believing what I saw. Somehow according to the principle I'm not mortal..

something changed in my mother expression.. she looked like she was about to cry, frowning and then she had this sympathetic look on her face.

Did they trail you yet? in maths and science?

yes well i got into the highest class there is mom. i mean i always did well in science and she knew that..

my mom just looks at me.. no words, no facial expression this time.

you were tested for a high grade?

its no big deal?

No, angels were always good in science and math.

what am i ?!

i don't know yet.. Your powers are sure to show up someday and I wouldn't know what you are till then.  she said looking the other way. You have a visitor she says motioning to my room. My door was closed.. It's never closed, ever..

i open the door and right there by my piano sits the boy I have lost my heart to, the one I am potentially mad at. He stands up to greet me and i just look at him as his expression turns blank. his arms wraps slowly around me, I reject it not hugging back.. I'm not naïve and know better not to give in.

i take one last look at his face.. his brown hair shining like coper falling into his hazel-green eyes as the sparkle wildly like the night I came home and he was waiting for me.

why are you here? I ask budging from his grip pushing him a little so he steps back.

i came to say hello.. wanted to know how it was going...

really? Because the other night you just ran off like I was Yuno from Future diary...

really but i just have to know, how was your day?