Labyrinth of a goddess

Labyrinth of Gods:

PART I

2 days earlier

Monday 

Aristotle

I have never been mad at anything or anyone before the policemen pieced together the evidence. After my father woke, he told us everything. They brought Daniel in and arrested him. But after today, he's claimed not-guilty of his crimes.

"Ari, you are going to pay for fixing the dent on your car. If you stop frikin kicking it!" Dante shouted the last part harshly.

I stopped and ran a hand through my hair. I couldn't believe that Daniel's case has been verdict to 'not-guilty'. This couldn't happen to any of us, he only wanted to win Dante back.

I shook my head and laughed.

Dante stared at me as if I were crazy. For starters, I wasn't, but at the same time, I could think of the reasons to not call Natalia and tell her to bring her time-machine. However, that wouldn't do any good with my father's case because he held no evidence. Other than his scars on his head and back.

Even Dante grimace when I pressed my chest against him. Still feeling the pain of the bullet inside him. A reminder of how he was so close to death. Nothing but fear of being alone outside. Afraid that someone might kill him.

"It's alright," He mumbles close enough that I would kiss him. "We will find Daniel."

We will find him and get him locked up.

I don't think I have a chance of waiting for the right time. Not when Daniel could be scheming his next move, not when Dante still stands as a target. When a god plans to strike us.

This is just too much, even for me.

"How would it be fine?" I mumble. God, I'm trying so hard not to cry. "Nada va estar bien---Nothing is going to be alright."

"Just have faith," Dante mumbled, he stroked my hair.

I'm still upset about Daniel roaming free, I wish I wasn't upset.

I wish I wasn't feeling anything at all.

"Hey," Dante cupped my face and I was now staring into his eyes. "Let's go home and just watch a movie or go to the desert. We need a distraction from all of this."

"Or?"

He rose his brows, "or we can go and do research on the god. Probably best if Natalia was there with us."

"You trust her now?" I ask curiously on why he had changed his mind.

He shook his head, "I am having seconds thoughts but if she's powerful. Then maybe we can--- I don't know, start over, Time loop?"

I chuckle, "that sounds like a terrible idea."

"At least is one we could try. We can make her take us back in time. To when your father never had the incident. Fix things--oh, don't look at me like this. You know this is what you want."

A time loop is never a good idea. Not when the time is precious now and in magic is going to be forever. Stuck at the same time and place, going over and over to places I'd visited before. Being stuck and never letting go, feeling a puppet.  I don't want that---starting over would be nice, but going back in time sounds tricky.

"How about that ride to the desert? I say instead of giving him an actual answer about the time thing.

Dante smiles, "alright. But we have to pick up snacks first."

Natalia predicted the verdict and she thought it was smart on how the god glamoured itself into the judge. But it thought itself as clever, however, she had been hunting gods and creatures for a long time. And their tricks keep improving badly, boring her.

Now, in the office of the judge, she awaits the god. She might have told Dante and Aristotle that they were the ones to take the killing shot. But that is what happens when they let a spy into their circle. She has never liked the idea of working together, especially when there is a god in between them.

"For a second I thought I noticed the queen, " A male voice purred. The judge's vessel seems to be glowing when the sunlight hits. But its eyes glow. "What will happen if I just phone your husband and tell him that I had found her wife? Will he angry? Will be even come looking for you?"

"Call him," Her eyes never unwavering. "He moved on already. Kenosha is a small town but I know how to get around. I'm sure he's happy where he is. Wherever he is."

The judge brown hair glint, his tall and muscular suits the vessel. The god is trying not to waste it before the time is up. "Why are you here a child of Aphrodite."

Natalia squirmed, she didn't like being claimed child of anyone. "I came to make sure you accept my deal. You already know the bargain—I give you the boy and you'll give me the stone."

"Why would I believe a mortal?"

"Because I am be only thing that's close enough to bring you power. Aren't I?" 

The judge real face can mask pain but the god masked only ambition. He wanted to conquer other mortals and tempt them. Tempt their dignity and curiosity. 

"Dante is a special boy, but you are not meant to harm him. The other one Aristotle is your enemy but leaves the other alone," She warned.

 "I can't believe your actually defending them? The boys will have nothing left when I leave. But you, Goddess, you should be meaner. Why show them affection?" The judge asked, he is running out of patience. 

Natalia sighed, "they're unlike other humans. Not selfish, not willing to be tempted to easily. Both, have pure souls. Their words are theirs alone."

The judge smirks, she's keeping him busy—too busy. "Who else is here with you? Keeping myself busy so you'll sneak out of here without being seen."

"I'm here alone because you both know when I want something I get it."

"How about work for me," the judge changed the topic. "Work for me and you'll get whatever you want."

Natalia stayed silent.

The judge leaned on his desk, he grasped Natalia's chin. "Work for me and help me get rid of them. You'll be free of your duties."

Silence poured into the room deadly like poisonous gas. It stretched until the old grandfather clock struck six. 

Natalia had come to her decision by then.

"What do you need me to do?"

The god behind the mask of the judge smirked.