Monday Night

12:00 am

DANTE:

I couldn't sleep. Not when the shadows are watching me and every time a shadow moves, I jump. The dead of night during the witching hour is not a pleasant time of being awake, neither three o'clock in the morning. But my headache couldn't go away and my worries wouldn't fade.

I stared at the ceiling, blank white canvas it seems. I thought of painting something, so every time I would lay down and stare up at the ceiling. It would be like staring into a movie scene or a scene in a book I've read.

I sit up and turn on my desk lamp. If I wouldn't sleep then probably would do homework. Since my mom wasn't asleep yet because of Esperanza, I decided to go down to the kitchen and get a light snack.

Out of bed, the spring breeze swept in, making the curtains flow gracefully to the right. Reminded of a mermaid with her fins and dangerous singing to lure men into their deaths. I found it strange to think about it in the middle of the night, but I didn't care.

Down I go to the kitchen to lure around the cabinets for snacks and water. Carefully I go to the pantry and grab the Doritos bag. Upon opening, the cheesy smell of baked tortilla chips and spice come to my senses. My mouth dry, I lean back against the counter and chew silently.

I ponder the plan over and over again. Two weeks until I graduate and only twenty four hours till we get rid of a god.

I didn't think senior year would be complicated. With Ari's dad accident and mine, a god and a lost friend. How did it all come to this?

When will it all end?

Throwing the bag of chips away I go down the hall and reach for my jacket. I need to fix this now and just have a normal life.

I need to have just one normal day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thank everyone who's been through this long journey with me in writing this fan-fiction. Although I apologize for not being active or updating regularly. But I just want your opinion on how this fan fiction is going.
Do you like storyline so far?
What would you change about it?
Should I stick with the book?

Thank you.

I'll promise I'll be more active.

With love,

Kim

~~~~~