Chapter 7

Soledad had never seen the boys so messed up. Yesterday they were fine, smiling and laughing. But now? Who's knows when they'll be back to their normal state.
       Our world had never been perfect since the beginning.
~
     "The deed is done, Sir'. His family is with him, what's next?" He whispered. Using the payphone close to an opened hospital wasn't at all suspicious. But he needed to act normal or else he'll put the operation at risk.
"Aristotle Mendoza will be put at rest, for your own good, get as close to them as possible and retrieve what's meant to be yours."
"Yes sir'," he told to the phone.
"Now hang up, I don't want the FBI tracking us down with just our voices. We'll meet again soon."
~
"We have the results from the accident," the police officer with the hand tattoo said. He handed  a beige file to Ari. "And it seems a bit peculiar."
"What do you mean, peculiar? Dante asked. He glanced at Ari for answers but his eyes stayed glued to the police file in his hands.
"What he means is that those," the tall bulky guy, pointed to Ari's files. "It looked like no accident."
    Ari looked up to Dante, his eyes red and swollen from crying but underneath they were eyes of a warrior. Not a warrior, but a tyrant who's yet to fight in battle.
  "I want them found and payed for what they done, if this was no accident," Ari's voice barely recognized.
"Ari,"Dante warned.
"Don't, I'm tired of people like us getting beat up or wind up dead in an alley. Our families cannot be involved and I won't..." he trailed off but Dante looked away.
"I won't let you get hurt again."
"Well do our best, Mr. Mendoza, for now its best to maintain a low profile," the officer told them and headed out of the room.
    Ari ran his hand through his hair, frustrated, he threw the file across the room. He crouched down and started crying again.
   For Dante it's normal seeing Ari cry, but in this case he wasn't feeling sad—he's angry. Angry at everyone who harmed him, angry at the mortal being who hurt his father.
   Dante walked to him, careful not too disrupt the tyrant; who's yet to rip the world in half. His hand gripped his shoulders, pulling Ari close to a hug.
  "The universe wasn't meant to exist for people like us," Ari murmured. Dante shook his head, his hair tickling the base of Ari's cheek.
  "Remember what your fighting for, Ari. Love beats anything and if we want to avenge the one who made this all happen," Dante then cupped his face. He looked into his eyes as he said, "well find the one who did this and make them understand that the universe wants us here."
   The stars are greater than any mortal enemy in flesh and blood. A heart as pure,  should ever be fighting victorious. A perfect life doesn't run out of time. Only when a miracle happens.