Soledad Quintana-3

It had been fifteen minutes since I called both boys down the dinner. And sure they were fooling around in the art room. But they were extremely quiet up on the studio. And no ones wants to walk in on them at the wrong time. So I just waited until my patience ran out.

Luckily, it didn't run from me nor my spirit. As I had given Dante and Sam another child. They were happy and I was too. Esperanza is my little uplifted hope. And Dante already had plans for her in the future. I love to admit that Dante will be an amazing, overprotective, big brother. But when she'll start bringing 'el novio'. I have no idea who would snap first on the innocent boy that Esperanza will call hers for ever. Dante I'll get it he doesn't snap or at least get jealous. But Sam? Sam is another kind of dads he'll be. Maybe he'll like the usuals Mexican dads. Gets jealous and poor little lover boy gets to do masculine chores. Or he'll be different. Treat others different. Maybe he will and maybe he won't.

As my patience ran out I shouted, "Dante! Ari! Come down for dinner!"

How many months, years has it been with them being together? I enjoyed Dante smile and his pensive thoughts that made him look like he was in love. He was, he is proud of it and ever since he first had that smile painted on his face. I knew the reason why, as both of them walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Each of them covered in paint. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Go get washed up."

As usual, Dante rolled his eyes and stormed out and went to wash up upstairs. Ari followed him, I could hear his laugh and Dante's echoing the halls of the house. Esperanza slept soundly as both boys laughed their ass off. Whatever they had said was merciless funny and their benevolent laugh echoed through me. I could feel every pulse and once of their happiness recoil myself into a warm tight blanket.

What will happen when it drives away? What will happen when it fades into darkness?
What will happen?