Sam Quintana-4

As I opened the door, I could've not been more surprised to find Soledad shouting at the boys. When I entered further in the house, she stopped. Bright and beautiful woman she was and I had to cherish it.
"Dante Quintana, Get Your flunky ass down here!"
"And your telling me I need to stop cussing," I said as I press a kiss on her forehead. Then I looked over Esperanza. She was sleeping peacefully, her face all full of hope. Soledad handed her to me as she once shouted to the boys to come down stairs.
And when they came down stairs their faces ghosted. I knew I hadn't had the courage to tell them anything.
Soledad descended the stairs in silence as Ari came and greeted me. Dante kissed he on the cheek and looked over my shoulder to see her sister. He was disappointed when he found out it wasn't a boy. But that quickly changed as he had her in his arms. Dante told me his plans for her. And I almost laughed myself hoarse at his opinions.
"Coffee, Ari?" Soledad asked as she set the plates of pozole down on the table.
Ari shook his head and said, "no thank you. I need to sleep early today. Dante and I have testing all week."
"And late homework due," Dante added.
Soledad turned to face Dante, "I thought I told you: que te pongas las pilas. This semester."
Dante rolled his eyes. Soledad always says her memoir when he doesn't do well in school. Which I hoped he is doing good.
"Don't go so hard on him Soledad. He's only trying to do his best-"
"Y los limones?" Dante interrupted.
Soledad placed a bowl of fresh cut limes in the center of the table. With chopped onions and cilantro also a few reddish.
"Los chips," I said with a smile. Before she could grab them I did it for her.
When I asked about the tortilla chips she glanced me a look. And I knew she was tired and grumpy. I couldn't afford Soledad to feel more worn out with Esperanza.
So I obliged.