Club 55

Aristotle
   Everything Natalia said, was just obsolete nonsense.
Their was no way that magic existed and no way that she wanted to help Dante and I. The only thing that she could do is go to the police and help with the case.
"I know what your thinking because I can read your mind and its common for humans like you to have that sort of reaction," Natalia said. Her leather gloves igniting a small flame.
The flame hovered above her glove, it's amazing how such fire can hover over her glove without touching her skin. But magic?!
I mean, I get Star Wars but–magic?!
Its unrealistic...but it can also help on catching Daniel.
"You know some people say magic is unrealistic. I don't know if you remember "The Salem Witch trials?"" I ask.
Everyone knows about the era, but no one actually says anything because the news about being different is more penetrating than women being accused of doing magic.
Although...doing a little magic and finding Daniel wont be as bad.
I looked at the files that the policemen gave to me just a few days ago. The photos are unexplainable, they're blurry images from the opponent who hit my father. His face as the policemen said, "it blurred out, no trace of any face recognition."
But can Natalia really help us? Can I trust her without getting myself killed?
What would Dante do?
What would anyone do if they were in my place?
"Ok, so you don't trust me. I get that reaction a lot, but," She walked towards Dante. She traced a finger on his cheek. I flinched as he touched my man.
"Don't touch him," I growled.
Natalia smiled, "the bullet the surgeons so gracefully took out, had a hint of poison. That's only common to find were I come from."
"So you may think he's safe and healing now. But soon someone physic like I, would get into his mind and destroy every bit of memory he has. In my opinion Mr, Mendoza, I would suggest letting me work with you. "
I cross my arms, take one good look at Natalia. She probably in her thirties, but no wrinkles indicate her as old. Could having magic mean being immortal?
Or did she choose to be this way; stay young and beautiful?
Her deep plum eyes made me want to hold Dante's hand. She noticed everything I did, every lovable movement I made forwards Dante.
I blurted, "you don't even know what love is."
At that statement, Natalia looked down. She turned away as she rounded her shoulders.
"I do know what love is," She growled at me. "I know how it feels to have someone you care about being tortured right in front of you. I know how it feels to be in love with someone who's not the man you entirely choose to be your for eternity. I left my children because of love, so don't tell me I don't know anything because I do."
I look down.
No one ever understands what being in love actually means.
"Im sorry," I said taking pity for Natalia.
She turns sharply on her heel, glances at Dante and I. "Just say the word and I'll work with you. I'll make sure nothing like this ever happens."
I'll keep you safe, she meant to add. But the words spoke themselves as the room got silent.
I glance at Natalia, my hand intertwining with Dante's. "I want to find Daniel and make him pay for what he did to Dante and I. For my father and Julian. I'll work with you, under one condition."
Natalia crossed her arms and lifted her chin, "ask away, Aristotle."
Could this be right?
"I want you to promise me that if anything happens to me. Don't let Dante interfere."
All she did was nodded.
~
Dante
For the most part I thought that I've been dreaming when I saw myself in the hospital bed next to Aristotle.
With a girl.
And then I saw myself...
"It's weird, to seem as if you were there but your not," Julian said.
I turn around. Julian is there with his sports t-shirt and messed up hair.
As if he never left.
"What are you doing here?" I ask. The I go up to him and reach for the hair. It feels real. "Why do you feel so real?"
Julian batts my hand away. "Ok, I know your confused and you pity me for dying in hands of your ex. But that doesn't mean you get to touch my dead hair."
"First of all, it's messy and it's alive. Second of all, I only kissed him because Ari wouldn't confess he loved me," I said.
Julian sat next to my boyfriend. "And you made it work. Good for you."
I watch as he and the girl talked and pointed out different things in his fathers case. It made no sense in her wearing leather gloves.
It was like she was from a detective show or something.
"Theirs something you need to know about Club 55," Julian suddenly says.
Club 55...oh yeah, were he snitched around and he got himself on the hospital and know he's buried five feet underground.
What Can go wrong?
"Yeah? And that is?" I ask. He shifts in the invisible seat. "Club 55, is the gang sanctuary and the people who believed have physic powers. Which now that I think about—they actually do have powers. Because I saw your ex sneak into a private layer of someone named Perces? Does the name sound familiar?"
Perces.
No—Oh...
Julian's brow rose, "you do know that name? Come on talk Dante I can't hurt you while I'm a ghost."
"Have you ever had an interest in mythology?"
Julian shook his head.
"Well now you might want to learn more about it."
I never thought I'll say this.
But we are in some deep shit...