Chapter 14

The Huntresses eyes widened, why was he hear, she wondered, he stared back at her, his eyes darkened with sham, she looked away.

“I will answer only this question today” she said, the vampires nodded, her eyes unfocused as she remembered that night three years ago, the cold, dark, cement room. The water dripping from the ceiling, the creak of the old door as it opened to revel the vampire that had haunted her nightmares.  She took a deep breath and started to tell her story.

“Well, it happened three years ago, I was sixteen. I had just finished a successful hunt and was headed back to the motel room I had rented, it was dark, there was no street lights on the street I was walking on. I felt a presence behind me and turned to see who it was, but nothing was there. I turned around and began walking again, but the presence stayed there, I turned back around a couple more times but still found nothing. I thought I was just tired and my senses were playing tricks on me, I kept walking. I was about a block away from the motel when a chill crept up my spine, something was wrong. I began to walk faster but the feeling never left me, it got worse, it kept getting colder, and colder. I was slowing down, like I couldn’t control my body, suddenly, I was tackled and lifted over someone’s shoulder. I couldn’t fight back, I couldn’t move, I was frozen. The vampire began running, everything became a blur, then, he stopped. We were on the other side of town, he took me into an old factory and tied me to a chair. I still couldn’t move, couldn’t talk, I could only watch as he came closer to me, he pulled a knife out of my arsenal and pointed it at me, he was going to cut me with my  own knife. The chill slowly left my body and was replaced with rage. I’m pretty sure my eyes were black, my body began to shake against the ropes he had tied around me, his eyes widened in panic and he hit me in the temple, knocking me out. I have no idea how long I was out, but when I woke up, I was laid out on a bed. I tried to get up, but I realized I was tied down to the bed. I began to struggle, but I was no use, the vampire walked back in and laughed at me, he pulled one of his own swords out and began lightly dragging it down my stomach, he laughed and taunted me, telling me if I was to beg, he would make my death fast and painless, but I refused. I was not going to beg, so he began dragging the knife across my stomach, down my arms and legs. The pain became too much, and I passed out” she stopped and took a deep breath.

 All the vampires sat there, staring at her, their eyes wide and full of awe. She looked over to Prince Lucas, his eyes flashed between red and silver as he stared at The Huntress. He began to stand, she looked away, not wanting to watch him leave again. Maybe he really was her beloved. When she didn’t hear the door open she looked back over to where he was sitting, but he wasn’t there, everyone gasped. She jumped and looked behind her to see Prince Lucas walking up the stairs to her, he walked up to her and pulled her into his lap, he was shaking with rage. She flinched, his eyes met hers, guilt and shame swam in his eyes, she also saw anger and sadness, she looked away, not able to look him in the eyes and keep her composure. She jumped a little when she felt his lips brush her ear.

“I am hear for you, please, let me stay. I cannot sit by and watch as you relive something like this, let me help, let me be here for you. I will leave you alone after this, but please don’t ask me to leave you like this, I cannot, I am sorry” he whispered. The Huntress turned back to him, her eyes changing color again, light green, the color of her fear, and dark blue, the color of her sadness. She nodded, telling him he could stay, he sighed in relief and pulled her tighter to him, she leaned her head down on his chest, hearing his heat beat calmed her, and she continued her story.