chapter 19

Chapter 19

The Huntress woke up the next morning and the first thing she realized was she wasn’t alone, she felt a strong arm loosely wrapped around her waist. She tried to turn, but someone groaned behind her and tightened there hold, she smiled a little. Prince Lucas had slept beside her all night, and somehow he had kept her night terrors away, she had slept the whole night, not once waking up screaming, or drenched in a cold sweat. She tried again to get up, only to have him growl in his sleep and pull her tighter against him, she huffed, giving up on getting up.  Instead, she just turned in his arms so she was facing him, she smiled at him, he was sleeping peacefully, his face soft and unguarded as he snored softly. She stared at him for a moment longer, debating if she should wake him or not, she sighed and reached her hand out, softly tracing his jaw line with her fingers, he sighed at the contact, she giggled under her breath, moving her fingers to his lips, tracing his bottom lip with her finger lightly, causing him to groan, his eyes fluttered open and widened when he found her staring at him, a smile on her beautiful face, he smiled back at her and brought her closer to his naked chest, causing her to blush. Prince Lucas chuckled.

 “Good morning” he mumbled.

“Good morning” she whispered back, her cheeks still tinged pink, his smile never left his face as he leaned closer to her ear.

 “You look beautiful this morning” he whispered, The Huntress buried her face into his chest, he chuckled again.

 “Come, we must get up, you have training today, and later we have a ball” he said sitting up in bed, causing the blankets to  fall down to his waist, showing The Huntress his toned chest and stomach.

“Like what you see” he asked, she shook her head, laughing.

 “Come on, I need to go, and you need to get dressed, we have a busy day today” he said standing, The Huntress did the same, they walked out of the bedroom and over to the door.

 “I will see you in a few minutes” he said, leaning down and kissing her on the cheek before walking out the door. The Huntress stood there, staring at the door for a few moments before she could get her body to move toward the closet, she quickly grabbed some clothes and rushed to the bathroom, quickly showering and dressing into her black jeans and black long sleeve shirt, covering her scar on her back. She blow dried her hair and pulled it up into its normal bun, after she pulled on her shoes she heard a knock on the door, taking a deep breath she walked to the door and opened it, standing on the other side was Donavan. He stared at her for a few moments. The Huntress gasped, he looked horrible, he had a black eye and a bruise across his cheek, his lip was also busted, he cleared his throat, bringing her eyes down to his black and blue arms and neck.

 “I’m sorry” he croaked, she shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes, she placed a hand over her mouth to stifle her whimper, she blinked repeatedly to clear her vision, she would not cry. After she had composed herself, she looked back up to Donavan.

 “You have nothing to apologize for, you have already been punished, it is over and done with, we do not need to bring up the past, now, all I ask from you is some respect, can you do that” she asked, he nodded his head.