chapter 22

Chapter 22

After they had past the threshold of the room The Huntress was suddenly slammed against the door, she hissed as pain shot up her spin from the impact, the lights were off in the room and The Huntress could only vaguely see Prince Lucas.

 “Your majesty, I can’t see” The Huntress said, but Prince Lucas did not respond, she thought he had moved away from her until she felt a hand gently rest on her cheek, she flinched away from the touch and pressed herself harder against the door.

 “Sshh it’s only me” Prince Lucas whispered.

 “I can’t see” The Huntress whispered, Prince Lucas chuckled.

 “I know, I will have to keep my hands in contact with you so you know where I am” he whispered back. The Huntress sighed, she didn’t like that he had so much control over her, she felt weak and helpless.

 “You have an advantage in the dark Prince” The Huntress whispered.

 “I do have an advantage, but I will not harm you, I promise” Prince Lucas said as he pushed his body closer to hers, The Huntress gasped at the contact.

 “Will you let me explain” Prince Lucas asked.

 “…Yes” The Huntress said shakily, Prince Lucas’s hands slid up The Huntresses thigh to her hip and rested there.

 “Clair is here for money and power, she does not care for me and I have never cared for her, she has been gone for fifty years, she is nothing to me” The Prince said as he pulled The Huntress closer to him.

 “But you did sleep with her” The Huntress said, Prince Lucas sighed,

 “Yes, I did, but she means nothing to me” he said.

 “So after you sleep with me I will mean nothing to you as well” The Huntress asked, Prince Lucas tightened his hold on The Huntress.

 “You are different, you are my beloved, you are kind and compassionate and pure, you are everything to me” he said, his voice hoarse with emotion.

 “Then why were you kissing her” The Huntress asked, close to tears. Prince Lucas pulled her into him and cradled her head in the crook of his neck.

 “She has an ability, just like my family does, she came from a very powerful family, her power is body manipulation, she can control your body, I am immune to it but because I was not paying attention I let my guard down and she used her power on me and I could not fight back. I’m sorry, I never want to hurt you, please let me show you that you are the only one for me, I only want you” Prince Lucas pleaded.

 “How, how could you possibly prove to me that I mean anything to you” The Huntress said, tears welling up in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. Prince Lucas pulled back to look at her and sighed.