chapter 18

Chapter 18

“Well I’m sure you know about my parents, they were both hunters. They met when they were eighteen, my mother was on a hunt, she was hunting down a rogue vampire that had been causing trouble for the city she lived in, but when she found the rogue, he was already dead. She was just going to walk away, but movement caught her eye, she turned to see a man lying on the ground, covered in blood. She rushed to his side, she knelt down next to him, he was weak from the blood loss, but as they looked at each other, they knew what the other was, they were hunters. She gently helped him to stand and took him home with her, she lived alone, her parents had died when she was sixteen, she laid him in the guest room, making sure he was ok and comfortable before she to, walked to her room and fell asleep.

Over the next few months she tended to his wounds, they talked about themselves and what they had lived through, and when his wounds were healed and he was getting ready to leave, my mother stood in her room, trying to hold back her tears. She knew how dangerous having a family was, but she still wanted to be with him, as she turned around to walk out she saw him standing by her door, he smiled at her, and my mother said she would never forget his words, he had said “I know having a family will be dangerous, but I want to have one with you, I want to be with you, forever”.  And after that, they did have a family, they had me and my little sister, Mary, she was only five when it happened” The Huntress said, her voice shaking. Prince Lucas pulled her closer to him, laying his head on top of hers, she snuggled into him, taking in his warmth.

 “Do you want to go on” Prince Lucas asked, hopping she would say yes, she nodded.

 “I was eight when it happened, my mom and dad had been teaching me how to fight, I loved it, I thought I was just like my parents, but one night, there was a loud noise downstairs. I remember crawling out of bed and walking down stairs to see my dead mother laying on the ground, and Mary was being drained by the rogue, my father had tears running down his cheeks as he ran over to me, he grabbed me in his arms. I remember him saying he was sorry and that he loved me. He pressed a knife into my hand and then ran at the rogue, but my father was too blinded by his loss, he was killed also. I was the only one left alive, the rogue turned to me and I raised the knife, he laughed at me, taunting me, saying I couldn’t kill a rouge like him. I remember the burning fury that raced through my veins. I blacked out, the fury taking over my body, but when I came to again, the rouge was dead at my feet. I didn’t feel any pride about what I had done, I threw the knife down and began crying, after a while I had calmed myself down enough and went outside to bury my parents. I was numb, I felt nothing, after I had finished I gathered some weapons, food, water, and money, and left. I never looked back, the first few years were hard, but as I got older, I got better, I remember people asking me if I was lost, or where my parents were, but the older I got the less I heard those questions. Over the years I have met other hunters, and I learned about the powers I have, and how to control them, I learned about what I was. I helped the other hunters I found and killed any rouge I found, I never liked vampires, but I don’t hate them, but I do hate rouges” she said, shaking her head.

 “And what about now, how do you feel about vampires now, about me” Prince Lucas asked, looking down at her, she sighed, a small smile flickered across her lips.

 “You're not what I thought you would be, and when The King told everyone I was your beloved I didn’t think they would react like that, I thought they would tell you to reject me or something” she mumbled.