chapter 28

Chapter 28

Lyrics eyes fluttered open to see Lucy and The King staring down at her but she saw no sign of Lucas, Lucy started sobbing as she watched Lyric stare at them in confusion. The King smiled at Lyric but he too had tears in his eyes.

"It's good to see you're ok" he whispered trying not to scare her, but she still flinched at his voice, The King frowned.

"Are you ok" he asked, she nodded, but even as the nodded back he knew she was lying, she looked around the room noticing she was in her old room from before she was captured, she smiled at the memories here, but one question kept swirling around in her mind.

"Where is Lucas" she asked, Lucy sobbed harder, The King sighed.

"He's in the hospital because of his injury" he said, Lyric nodded her eyes changing into their icy blue color, meaning she was burying her emotions.

"Will he live" she asked her voice no higher that a whisper, The King nodded.

"He will, but he will have a scar" he said, Lyric nodded.

"I understand" she said, The King nodded.

"I think I will let you and Lucy talk for a moment, I will go see Lucas and tell him you are awake" he said, Lyric only nodded.

After The King had left Lucy said she was going to get a bath ready for her, Lyric nodded and watched as Lucy busied herself with her work, after she had gotten the bath ready she helped Lyric to stand, once they had entered the bathroom Lucy turned to leave and Lyric felt a surge of panic, she grabbed Lucy.

"Please don't leave me" she pleaded, Lucy nodded as tears once again slid down her face, she stay beside Lyric as she bathed and dressed in her normal black jeans, but this time she only wore a black tank top, Lyric looked in the mirror as she blow-dried her hair and saw a ghost staring back at her, her long black hair was to her hips now, her eyes were dull, and you could see every bone in her body thanks to all the blood they had taken, it didn't help that they never gave her food, but for some reason she wasn't hungry, she pulled her hair up into a high pony tail and walked out of the bathroom to see Lucas sitting in one of the chairs, when she walked out he stood from the chair and faced her, Lucy gasped when she saw him.

"Your highness I don't think this is a good idea" she whispered, but he just shook his head.

"Go to your room Lucy, you know I would never hurt my beloved" he hissed.

"I understand but she is scared and confused, please" she pleaded.

"Go to your room" Lucas said, running out of patients, she lowered her head.

"Yes sir" she mumbled before walking out of the door, when it clicked shut Lyric flinched and backed away, her eyes wide.

"Wh-what do you want" she asked, Lucas frowned, his hair covering his eyes, why was he covering his eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he said as he stepped forward, Lyric stepped back.

"I know your my beloved, but you look like Darren, please show me your eyes" she pleaded, Lucas sighed.

"I can't, you would be even more scared of me" he said as he stepped back, Lyric shook her head.

"Please, I won't run" she whispered, Lucas smiled and brushed his hair aside to show her a scar running across his nose where the silver dagger had hit him, Lyric gasped.

"Oh my gosh are you ok" she asked, taking a hesitant step forward, Lucas saw the step and smiled, hoping she would come to him, he hated the space between them.