chapter 23

Chapter 23

The Huntress awoke the next morning and the first thing she noticed was she wasn’t alone, she was curled into the chest of The Prince, no…Lucas, she thought, correcting herself.   The Huntress smiled as she thought of his name, then a blush crept up onto her cheeks as she remembered what had happened last night, and how she ended up in Lucas’s bed.

 “Good morning” she heard a husky voice whisper, she looked up to see Lucas’s bright silver eyes staring at her,

 “Good morning” she whispered back.

 “Did you sleep well” Lucas asked as he propped himself up on one elbow, The Huntress nodded.

 “I did, thank you” she answered, Lucas nodded and reached out to stroke The Huntresses cheek,

 “It amazes me how beautiful you are” Lucas said, The Huntress looked down with a light blush. She was about to argue with him when she caught sight of his mark, the dark ink a stark contrast against his porcelain skin. She leaned down closer to him and gently placed her hand over his beating heart, hearing Lucas’s quick intake of breath she jerked her hand away and looked up at him, he looked down at her with shock shining in his glowing eyes.

 “I’m sorry” The Huntress said, but Lucas just shook his head at her.

 “You did nothing wrong, I was just surprised, that’s all” he said soothingly, The Huntress nodded, understanding why he had been surprised, he didn’t think she would touch him so casually, that she would be a little more cautious around him, but she felt no need to be on guard, she felt safe with him.

 “Can I ask you a question” she asked quietly.

 “Of course…but only if you let me kiss you again” Lucas said, smirking at her, The Huntress laughed.

 “Only one” she whispered.

 “Of course” he said as he leaned down and gently pecked her lips.

 “Mmm I’ll get another later” he whispered against her lips, making The Huntress giggle.

 “Your question” Lucas asked, The Huntress looked back down at Lucas’s mark.

 “If I were to be turned…what mark would I receive” she asked, Lucas shifted so he was hovering over The Huntress, she stared up at him with surprise as he looked down on her with a serious expression on his handsome face.

 “What made you ask that” he asked, The Huntress blushed.

 “I don’t know” she answered, Lucas nodded but didn’t seem to like her answer.

 “Are you thinking about being turned” he asked, pushing her a little harder for an answer. The Huntress hesitated before answering.