Rude Awakening

Kaycee-

I was dreaming of the most beautiful brown eyes staring into mine. I could see my favorite dimple appear as he smiled at me. I seriously could stare into those eyes for days...

Wait what? Are we talking about Sean?

Psh... what? Nope

Yeah right? You know you like him

No I don't!

Sure you don't Ms. Milkshake

No I only did that because he called me a bro earlier that morning!

Mmhmm... keep telling yourself that

Rude

I slowly start to stir myself awake because my inner voices just had to have a spar with one another. I mean of course I used to have a crush on Sean growing up but I wasn't going to pursue it. I know how those things happen when you cross that line. Yes I absolutely wanted him to see me as a female with boobs and a butt. Oh and a girl that could occasionally be seen as desirable to guys. Yet if I'm being honest with myself I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship. I mean I admit that Sean is the only guy I feel safe enough to kiss but he's still my best friend.

Speaking of my best friend... where the heck is he? Usually I'm the one that wakes up first because I like to...

Say it Kaycee. You like to?

Hey you be quiet!

C'mon we both know why you like to get up early

No!

You like to look at somebody while he's sleeping

No I don't!

Do too...

"Geese you're so irritating!" I say aloud as I roll around in the covers pretending to fight the air. Just as I recover from my little display of defiance towards my inner monologue, I smell something delicious coming from underneath the door. I try to rush out of bed quickly but end up getting trapped in the sheets so I tumbled out of bed in the most graceless manner. I'd imagine that I look like a human pretzel but a mummy edition. I start to laugh at myself then I hear the door open.

I magically manage to untangle myself whilst laughing so hard that I kept my eyes closed in the process. I'm splayed out on the floor by now and assuming it's Sean that's in the room with me, I wobble around on my belly and I say through giggles "Shamu! Look! I'm a beached whale!" I continue to laugh but then I don't hear his familiar chuckle so I finally open my eyes to see a pair of eyes I would never expect to see.

I blink a couple of times as if to wipe away the sight before me because I can't help the feeling of dread from coming over me. All of a sudden I feel extremely naked and embarrassed. I quickly scramble to grab my sweats that were haphazardly thrown on the ground and I rush to put them on. Every part of me wishes a hole would manifest under me and swallow me whole. I stutter as I try to find the words to say.

"It-it's not what it looks like... w-we've been sleeping over each other's places since we were kids..." I say as I thumb the bottom of my jacket. It doesn't help that it's one of Sean's Lewser jackets.

She just stares at me blankly and slowly moves her eyes from my jacket, to the bed, and then back at my eyes. I have to say if looks could kill I would be completely roasted. After what feels like eternity of her eyes scanning myself and his room, she finally gathers herself enough to speak.

"Why in the hell are you in his room and why the hell where you only in your pantie and bra?!" she managed to get louder when she finished her question. I cringed at the shrillness in her voice.