What a Wonderful World

Kaycee-
All I could do was run. I kept on going until my legs felt like they couldn't go no more. All I knew was that I had to get away from everything. What Sean said about me. How Bailey looked at me. The pain I felt in my chest. I just wanted it all to go away. I didn't know where I was going but I knew I couldn't go home like this. I needed somewhere safe to go and somewhere where people wouldn't ask questions.

Before I knew it I was in front of a familiar house. I rang the doorbell and I was greeted by a smile that quickly turned into a face of concern. Seeing that expression made me involuntarily break down.  I was quickly enveloped by two strong and comforting arms.

—————————-
His POV
I was in the living room free styling to the new Khalid song when I heard my doorbell ring. I opened the door and was surprised to see Kaycee standing right in front of me. I immediately smiled when she looked at me but then it quickly turned to concern as I saw the state she was in. Her cheeks were red and her baby hairs were practically matted to her face because she was sweating so much. Yet the part that got me the most were how raw and pained her eyes looked.

If that sight wasn't hard enough to bare, suddenly her eyes filled with tears and I quickly took her into my arms. I held her tightly and couldn't help but realize how fragile she felt in my arms.

All I wanted to do was make whatever pain she was going through disappear. I swiftly picked up her small sobbing frame in my arms and headed into the house. I was surprised when she grasped onto me as I moved us through my living room.

I don't really know what to do with her in my arms but I do know that I'm extremely reluctant to let go of her. The last time I remember crying in the manner that Kaycee was was when I found out my father passed away. With that thought I realized that I knew exactly what I could do for her to make her feel better.

I gently placed her on the couch while reassuring her that I'd be right back. She clung onto me and stared at me desperately as if trying to communicate that she didn't want me to go. I gently squeezed her hand and told her I'd be right back.

I rushed into my room to grab my guitar and quickly made my way back to her. I could see that her sobbing had slowed down and that she had her arms curled around her knees that she hugged to her chest. I gave her a small smile before I started to play and sing a song that my dad used to sing to me whenever I was feeling down.

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you
I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world

I finish the last cord and realized I was singing the whole song with my eyes closed. I slowly open my eyes and meet the happy hazel ones of Kaycee's. I see my favorite smile again where she smiles so big that she has a dimple like crease at the top of her cheek. She starts to clap for me and I blush in response. Who would've thought the girl I've had a crush on for the past two years would be in my living room, smiling at me, and clapping for me after I sang her a song?

"That was absolutely beautiful Kenneth!" she states before getting up to hug me from the side. I laugh at her and respond with, "I'm glad you liked it. It's what my dad used to sing for me whenever I was feeling down. He used to say to listen carefully to the lyrics because the lyrics will always remind you of how blessed we are to live in this wonderful world. If we focus more on its beauty then we don't have to feel so bad about whatever we're going through. Music heals..." I finish and she just looks at me with this dazed look.