Chapter 7: Remnants Of Despair

Author Note: TYSM FOR 100 READS, ILY SO MUCH!!!!

Kaito went home after work, he was tired, after all, he did wake up in the middle of the night last night. Tsumugi had called him to the office to interrogate the prisoner.

Kaito didn't think he got much done, he mostly just sat there and listened to Maki cry but when he came out Tsumugi seemed pleased.

He collapsed on the couch, barely staying awake. He heard footstep behind him, probably Rantaro or maybe even Shuichi. As he craned his neck up to smile at them a plastic bag was wrapped around his head. "Wh- What!" Kaito yelled out and rolled off the couch.

He could hear the footsteps behind he aiming to catch him again as he tried to stumble around and escape. The tiredness and loss of oxygen combined put him at a disadvantage against this new enemy, and he soon found his vision blurring.

"Ugh--" Kaito collapsed onto the person as they were knocked to the ground by the sudden fall, or rather the surprise of it.

They lifted the unconscious body out to the front of the house, a long walk but nothing compared to what they were used to.

A voice rung out from the black limousine parked in the sidewalk. A woman was looking at the culprit with a smug look. Her outfit was... unusual to say the least... Bright neon crop top with black shorts and her black hair whipping in the wind with neon streaks in it. But that was her job, she was a distraction. "Do you need help with that boss baby?" she smirked.

"Ugh, Ibuki, just get in the limo." the culprit growled and carried Kaito's body to the car, pushing the guy in and taking a seat in the back, careful not to knock the gun on the floor.

"Driver Ibuki coming to present you with a driving course of DESPAIR!!"

Her eyes lit up as she started the engine, and took off full speed.

"Wow wow Ibuki slow the fuck down!" the blond haired culprit yelled from the back.

"What? Worrying I'll kill your beloved Peko?"

The girl next to the small blond muttered under her breath, only Fuyuhiko hearing her as they both laughed. The girl, Peko, was wearing a black slit dress as if she was going to a party, pearl earrings to match. Her grey hair was up in a bun for better use of her weapon, a gold leafed kantana laying next to her.

"Oooookay!! This stop is our destination so getttt ready!" Ibuki yelled after a few minutes.

Peko instantly grabbed her sword, hiding it under her dress, while Fuyuhiko grabbed the gun laying on the floor and put it in his hat.

As they approached the club, they saw a line of people waiting, winding across the block. Fuyuhiko smirked as they gained instant access to the VIP exclusive club, with their only interruption being a few weird stares at Ibuki's outfit.

"Okay, now everyone knows the plan?" Peko asked as Ibuki yelled as a response "Yeah, get drunk and high!"

Peko gave a small smile as Ibuki quieted down and agreed in a quieter voice. Fuyuhiko nodded and they broke up to search the club for their target.

Meanwhile, Kaito woke up in the car. The door were locked on the outside and inside and he was far too tired to break them open. "Ughh, where the hell am I?"

He called the first contact on his list, Kaede. "~Yawwwwn, whats up Kaito"

"Uh, well, I've been kidnapped" Kaito awkwardly explained.

"Who kidnapped you? Did you see their face? Was it Maki?"

"Maki? Isn't she still captured?" Kaito groggily questioned.

"I thought she was, but apparently according to Tsumugi she escaped!" Keade voice echoed over the voice line, obvious worry showing.

"Hmm" Tsumugi seemed to be the main one in charge of things but Kaito had had an weird feeling about her for a while. For one, she seemed to have no personality, only reporting facts and her only character trait being niceness. She also reported Maki was a part of the remnants of despair, which was an obvious lie for Kaito.

But maybe she did kidnap him? "Hey Kaede?" "Yeah" "Don't rescue me. I know it might be a weird thing to say but I want to know who kidnapped me"

"Actually that's a perfectly logical solution! Then we can get Maki back in her cell, if she was the one who kidnapped you"

"Should I tell anyone?" "No. Don't even tell Tsumugi"

Kaito hung up and sighed. He hoped his kidnapper didn't take so long.