Chapter 11: Dead?

Thank you so so so much for over 200 reads and 37 comments!! It really means the most to me!!!!

KNOCK KNOCK!

Maki and Kaito jolted out of each others arms, fear evident in their eyes.

Kaito stared at the door with fear. Maki brought her hand to his face, turning his head towards hers. "No, no, look at me, look at me." Maki stared into his deep purple eyes, glazed with fear.

"Ssshhhhhhh" Maki whispered as their heads touched, they were so close now, so close. Kaito closed his eyes, not wanted to lose his grip on Maki. She let her hand down from his cheek into his palm. "We'll get out of here" she whispered as gazing at his relaxed face. "We'll get out of here, alive, together and safe."

Kaito opened his eyes with a fierce determination that wasn't there before. He smiled strongly before leaning into to give her one final kiss. "Let's do this then."

He turned to the doorknob, opening it with a slight grimace.

There stood one of Junko's staff, the cleaner, Kaito had met him earlier in the day when he was working on the case. Kirigiri was working with him as they'd been stuck together.

The sweep entered the room, his albino hair fluffing up and down as he bounced around, introducing himself to Maki as Servant

Maki's chest was tight with fear. Warm fingers wrapped agaist hers as she looked up and saw Kaito smiling down at her strongly she looked away, sharing a small smile herself.

The albino bounded around, sweeping up around the couple humming softly.

Kaito coughed loudly,guiding himself and Maki out of the room while whispering to her. "Junko captured me but apparently I have to solve a case to escape, with the help of the leader of the FDA. Its confusing but that's what I have to do so Junko doesn't find out about us"

Kaito kissed her gently before leaving as Maki lay down back in the room. She closed her eyes and listened to the soft singing of the cleaner before falling asleep.

She awoke to a bang of her furniture crashing down then a sharp inhale of breath from the center of her room. She crept out of her bed to the corner of her room silently and undetected.

The figure stayed still before moving to the bed. It took a knife and stabbed where Maki previously was. It then took out something and wrote on the bed with it.

Maki could only guess that the figure meant to stab her. But why? As it left she crept to the other side of the room, catching a glimpse of the figure as it exited. Tsumugi.

Maki's mind was racing, why would Tsumugi try to stab her? What was she writing?

Maki turned on the light and her blood went cold. There on her sheets was a hate speech dedicated to humatity writing in bright pink ink. It was alot like the ones from the remnants of despair, did this mean Tsumugi was a part of it.

No.

Maki's mind pieced together the puzzle, her heart racing. Tsumugi was the leader of the remnants of despair. That's how she so easily hired people for highly secure things like Kokichi.

And.... she was the one who sent her after Kaito.... Tsumugi was the only one who could have got the information on him.

Why? It was obvious Tsumugi had the means to murder Kaito herself...

If Tsumugi wanted her dead, she wouldnt stop if her first plan failed... Maki had to make sure every one thought she was dead.

She touched her face as she felt tears falling down, she had really fallen for him. And now... She would have to hide from him.

Maki shook her head, it was essential, right?! She HAD TO DO THIS!

As Maki worked on making a convincing body she thought of what she could do next. Escape maybe? No. Not without Kaito.

__

Daylight streamed through the windows of Junko's mansion as Kaito woke up, yawning and stretching. He had fallen asleep with investigating the case. The case of who brought him and Kirigiri here.

For some reason it seemed to have a lot of familiaritys with the case him and Kaede were assigned for their first case.

He sighed, he'll think about it later, for now he was hungry.

Kaito entered the kitchen as his jaw dropped. "What are you doing here? Did they take you too?"

The blue haired girl turned around to face him, her brows furrowed.

"What are you talking about?"

"Uh, how you got here?" Kaito slightly clocked his head and it was his turn to furrow his brows. "Were you captured by Junko too Tsumugi?"

"Ah, yeah, that was it! She picked me off the street after work and kidnapped me!"

Kaito was still a bit confused by her initial response but he chalked it down to tiredness. "She must be very rattled after all" he thought "I cant believe I doubted her"

What's that... Behind Tsumugi's sleeves...

A freckled girl entered the room, her short hair and blunt face was instantly panicked. She grabbed Tsumugi arm as the bluette winced in pain.

As the freckled girl looked over Tsumugi's arm and pulled her sleeve up she was met with a terrible sight.

Tsumugi had bruises up and down her arm of different severity.

"Were these from Junko?" the freckled girl asked.

Tsumugi looked down as the freckled girl lowered her voice.

"Are you okay Tsumugi?"

At this Tsumugi collapsed into her arms, crying.

"You need to get out of here. I keep telling you"

Tsumugi looked at Kaito and then at the freckled girl. "No... I.. I impressed Junko, I did something, I, I"

"I killed her. Not Junko.... The other one.... " Tsumugi fell into Mukuro's arms as she cryed.

Kaito froze. His hands were shaking, his blood cold. Whatever happened next, Kaito didn't stick around to watch.

"If Tsumugi killed Maki, I'll personally murder her, she didn't, its not real she wouldn't do that" Kaito thought as he ran up to Maki's room.

Oooooh cliffhanger :)
Ummm I planning to get this complete in the next few chapters so any ideas for this tell me here. 😊😊Thank you for the support as always!!