Chapter 12: End

Kaito rushed up to the room and banged open the door loudly, slightly annoying the kitchen staff who slept next door.

There, like a crab on a platter, was Maki's body, spatter with blood from a single knife wound to the chest. Her usually deep red eyes were closed peacefully, and there was a message written, in what Kaito assumed to be, Maki's blood.

His violet eyes furrowed as he read it.

"Despair is the hope you shall get
But its okay, because death shall
reach you in the end
Wanna place your life on a bet?
Just pull the trigger, and join the
trend. "

"This- this poem" Kaito stuttered, trying to keep composed. "This poem is absolutely psychotic!"

"Upupupu" Junko entered the room, staring down at the body with a dissatisfied glance. "Huh, expected her to last longer."

Kaito grabbed her neck in a fury, holding her up in the air for around two seconds until Mukuro burst in, tackling him to the ground, instantly with a knife to his throat.

"You. Honestly. Think. You. Can. Beat. Me?" Junko laughed maniacally. "Pathetic."

"Just lemme go" Kaito growled.

"Nishishi, nobody thought to invite me to the family meeting? Ah well, I'll invite myself." The short purple haired guy who Kaito had seen with Maki entered, along with Tsumugi.

The shortie was giggling, trying to provoke Junko by sticking faces out at her. "Ugh, how immature, can't you see I'm busy?!" she said, gesturing at Kaito pinned down as she said busy.

"That sucks, anyways the purple haired girl downstairs toooootally stole my look! Like, purple is MY thing!" Kokichi complained.

"Ey, don't insult my boss!" Kaito yelled as best he could from the floor. Kokichi's response was put the rude finger up, ignoring him and focusing on Junko.

"Hey!" Junko yelled at the top of her voice, silencing everyone in the room.

"Stop fighting. Now. You're all my prisoners which means if anything happens to you, I'm blamed. Or at least I lose a good slave.

She walked over to Tsumugi as the bluette quivered in fear. Junko grabbed her wrist, holding it up while bringing a knife to Tsumugi's throat.

"Now, my dearest Tsumugi~ Tsumugs, my sis" Junko brought the knife closer, yet Tsumugi showed no struggle. "You'll give up all leadership rights for The Remnants of despair to mwah~"

Kaito blinked. What.

"TSUMUGI WAS THE PERSON WE WERE INVESTIGATING FOR NEARLY A YEAR?! AND SHE WAS RIGHT UNDER OUR VISION?!?" He yelled as Mukuro quickly tried to convince Junko to put down the knife.

"Ahaahahahahha" Tsumugis head was down but she raised it in a quick motion, while letting Mukuro grab the knife out of her sisters hands.

Her usually dull blue eyes glowed, almost unnaturally. She ran out of the room, shouting curses and latin.

"Ugh, Mukuro what the fuck?! You let her go?!" Junko yelled in Mukuro's face, various insults and curse words before commanding her to go after her.

As soon as Mukuro left Junko turned to the group. "Well, since Mukuro probably won't do shit, you guys are stuck in this mansion with two unleashed crazies."

"Hey, but me and Kirigiri did our thing. We got whoever dragged us here, it was obviously Tsumugi, that bitch" Kaito stated.

"Heh, yeah, new task!!" Junko squealed. "Ummmmmm,,,, survive"