Chapter 7- Jealousy

A.N.

SORRY it must be really confusing what car Luke has, but it is a white truck! Because that sounds more manly. ThanKs!

RECAP:

-Sam attends a party, but ends up being harassed by Josh and his friends

-Luke comes to the rescue and "saves" Sam but gets hurt

-To make Sam jealous, Janice takes Luke to the kitchen to "help" his injury

-Little does Sam know, that Janice makes a move on Luke

-Calum gives Sam a ride home and asks her to go to the movies with him and Ashton

-The next day Luke isn't at school and when she is at home she realizes that he went on a date with Janice

-When going to the mall, Sam sees Ashton and Calum and asks about what really happened at the party

(AN is it better if I put a recap for every chapter??)

Chapter 8

ASHTON'S POV:

I didn't know how to explain what happened to Luke and Janice the night of the party. I didn't know Luke that well. I just met him after the party and I wasn't really sure if it wasn't story to tell.

I grab Sammy's wrist, lightly and pull her to sit down on a bench. Calum sits next to me and we exchange looks, telling each other that we would reveal the story.

The reason why I know what happened between Luke and Janice was because after Calum dropped Sammy off he came back to the party, and since Luke is friends with Calum, Calum knew.

And since Calum is a little Gossip Girl (A.N. Lots of TV references), he gladly told me everything.

I begin to speak, "After the party, Luke came out of the kitchen that you saw him go in to. Apparently, your sister, Janice, made a move on him. He didn't completely deny her, but I promise you he didn't sleep with her."

Calum picked up from there. "After they made out for a while, Luke pulled away and said he had to leave. Before she left Janice asked him if he wanted to hang out some time. Luke agreed. Apparently, they had some deep and meaningful conversation that brought some sympathy to Luke's mind. I guess.."

I cut Calum off, "By sometime, Janice meant the next day. I guess they exchanged numbers there and hung out the next day."

Sammy looked a little surprised, but just replies with an "Oh" to our whole story. Then she bolted up and ran the the nearest shop beckoning us to follow her.

Me and Calum exchanged looks, shrugged and embarrassedly skipped after the distressed damsel that we could now call our friend. Calum and I followed her all the way to........Forever 21. This would be a long shopping trip.

ANON'S POV:

I can't believe Janice and the Australian dude didn't notice my presence in the corner when they were conversing. I also can't believe that he believed Janice's BS.

The thing about Janice is once you fall in her trap, there's no getting out.

As I closed the blinds of my window and climbed into bed, I thought to myself, "Good Luck man, Good Luck."

LUKE'S POV:

As I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling I felt regret? I mean my date with Janice was alright, but seeing Sam falling from the roof scared me out of my mind. I almost shitted my pants.

And when she looked me in the eye with the most emotion I've ever seen I realized that I liked Sam.

I can't just let go of Janice though, it would hurt her and I can't do that, I have to protect her from her brother.

I have no idea what to do with my girl drama, but I'll figure it out. I hope.

I heard a scream from downstairs. ANd run, "AARON STOP!" I yell, I didn't have to see downstairs to realize what was going on. When I tumble down the stairs I see my step-dad punching my mom in the face. I dive at him and stratal him on the ground as I repeatedly sock his face my mom pulls me off.

"Stop Luke I love him!" She pleads. So I get off of him with no words, grab my shoes and walk out the door, but not before flipping off that bastard my mom wants me to call dad.

I love my mom so much, but how can she claim she loves him. My mom means everything to me and I want to protect her and for her to be happy. Unfortunately I can't have both for her.

I look down at my bloody knuckles using my tongue to lick off some escaped blood.

I check my phone for the time, 3:48.

And I find a text:

Calum: Hey bro! I'm going to the mall with Ashton, want to come?

Unfortunately the text was sent a couple hours ago, but I decide to see if he's still there.

Luke: Thanks r u still there?

He replies back immediately.

Calum: Yeah! Drop by!!

Luke: Okay see u in a few.

I run to my car and hop in.

I roll down my windows and blast the radio. Singing on the top of my lungs to All Time Low's, Jasey Rae.

The only time I did stop screaming out the lyrics was when the guy next to me at a red light told me to shut my mouth before he shoves shit in it.