Chapter 4- Uncontrolled

I entered the house tripping over my feet. My dad, Henry stood infront of me with my two smirking siblings. I call him by his first name because I wish he wasn't my father. I saw a hint of disappointment in his eyes, but it was replaced by anger in a couple of seconds. Josh said to Henry, "I bet she was with a boy, I heard that they ditched school."

Henry turned to me and shouted, "SAMANTHA ALLY HUNT! I have warned you about missing school! You are such a useless, ugly, person! Go to your room I don't want to see your disrespectful and ungrateful face til tomorrow. You are so lucky that I pay taxes for you to go to school! And I never want to see you with any boy EVER!" He then turned to Janice and Josh and said to them, "Take your sister to her room."

"Shit." I mutered to myself. Knowing my siblings they would do something horrible on my way up the stairs. I was right.

Janice gave me a sly look and said to Henry, "Oh, of course daddy. We'll make sure she gets upstairs and stays upstairs. Josh gripped my forearm trightly and I knew that there would be a bruise there tomorrow. As soon as we were out of sight Josh pushed me against the wall. Hard. "So what were you doing with him you little slut?" Janice said to me. "I think I've taken quite a liking to that boy Luke,"she said, "so, if you get anywhere near him from now on I will make your life a living hell, but when I get my date with him, I'll make sure to tell him that you say hi."

For some reason I felt much more anger than I should have when Janice said that. Maybe it was cause I didn't like it when she ordered me around. Maybe it was cause I didn't want her to threaten me. But deep inside I knew that it was becasue I didn't want her near Luke.

Stop it Sam, stop it. You do not like Luke anymore than a friend.People just want to hurt you. Don't fall into their traps.

Suddenly, I felt a hand slap my cheek. Josh looked at me with amusement in his eyes and said, "We can't hurt your face too much because you are coming to a party with us tonight." I knew that Henry would find out so, I shook my head. Janice noticed my disapprovel and added, "You will regret your choices if you don't come. Be in the front yard at 7. I don't care how you sneak out, but you better." What could go wrong. It's just one party.

I need one night to feel alive and dance like no ones watching. But, I am a bit nervous I feel like this is a set up and I am right in the middle.

_

_

When I know I am safe and alone in my room, I hop into the shower. I see my reflection in the mirror though first. I look horrible. My cheek is red from the recent slap I took from Josh and blood stained my nose from a punch I took at school. My whole body was achy becasue of all the abuse I experienced today, but I had to look like I was strong, so when I walked I just ignored the pain shooting through my whole body.

My dark brown hair was very boring. I never really did that much to it when I went to school. I feel like there's nothing I could do to make it look better. Almost every girl that I know has dark brown hair, but they somehow managed to pull it off unlike me.

As I peel my clothing from my body I notice three very defined bruises lining my stomach and hip. Trying to pretend that they don't exist, I hop into the shower and sigh feeling the warm water conceal my body and soothing my pain.

When I get out I lay in bed and feel myself drifting into sleep.

I jolt awake feeling major pain in my back. I rolled off of the bed. I check my clock and awear under my breath when I see that it is 6 already. I want to look presentable to this party and I am a girl, so I take awile.

I search through my closet and decide on a red, laced dress that fit tightly down to right above my knees. To cover my self a little bit more, I add black tights to go under the dress.