Chapter 11- Long Night

Recap:

-Sam's dad, Henry is out of town for a week
-Janice and Josh are at a party on the Monday
-It's revealed that Janice and Josh bullied Sam, but never hit her until their mom died
-Calum and Sam are going on an adventure, in the middle of the night

Calum drove for what seemed hours.
It was hard for me to stop whining due to the star trio: hunger, tired, and periods.

When we finally pulled up to a small lake, I was ready to leave, but Calum suddenly yanked of his shirt. I wanted to look away, but I'm sorry Luke, I am a girl.
Before I could even comment, there went Calum plummeting into the water. He laughed kicking water around and screamed at me to join him.

I didn't want to shit on the party, but there was no way in hell that I was carrying my dry behind into the freezing water. Calum made a puppy face and blinking his eyelashes quickly. Still, hell no.

He let out a frustrated groan and decided to do this the hard way, for me that is. Calum came running towards me with his dripping arms wide open. What else was I supposed to do, so I ran. Unfortunately Calum's longer legs gave him an advantage and he effortlessly threw me over his shoulder. In the water, we played like little children that got their hands of some alcohol.

After what seemed hours and déjà vu (A.N. In the beginning of the book, Luke takes Sam to the beach and they play in the water.) until we finally laid on the beach watching the sun come up.

The dense sand tickled my toes and my lack of clothing had my arms shaking.
That was when Calum pulled a stereotypical, but classy move, he offered me his jacket.

The silence was not at all awkward and in my mind I knew I was glad that I come out with Calum.

He is so sweet and funny, he'll find a nice girl someday, get a house with a white picket fence, and have three children. That's when I realized I had no future plans.

I doubt that Henry would even offer to send me to college and a scholarship would not be in my favor.

I was jealous of my friend Calum, he had an amazing voice and absolute future. As he rides the wave of the world, I'll be drowning in McDonald's grease.

---
When Calum dropped me off at home I had to dodge his attempt to kiss me cheek. I was a bit frightened in the moment, but Calum's sarcastic laugh and smile assured me he was only fooling around.

I waved to Calum and made my way up the driveway. I felt graceful until and stubborn branch tripped me. Luckily, I spared the embarrassment by catching myself, but that didn't stop to red on my cheeks.

Calum doubled over laughing as he started the car, but he hit the curb from lack of concentration.

Now I was the one laughing. We ended up both being okay and I rushed into the house to avoid further embarrassment.

The house was cold from lack of furnace and my feet froze against the ground.

I strategically maneuvered on my tip toes till I reached the couch.

From there I attempted to jump onto the couch. When I made it on, I grabbed my snuggie and reached for the remote.

What a fun middle of the night! Just me, netflix, and no food because I'm too lazy to walk over to the fridge. I would order pizza, but I'm practically broke.

In the middle of an episode of Friends, I heard the door open. I frantically ducked below my blanket, like it would protect me from anything.

I heard Janice's and Josh's voice along with a more slurred one. In came a drunk Luke, stumbling over. Janice looked at me, rolled her eyes, but said,
"He's really drunk. Luke hit a bottle over some guys head and the police came, so we had to get him out of there."

In my head I was waving my arms in the air and sarcastically saying,
"What heroes!"
But despite a nod, I didn't react to her explanation.

Luke crawled over to me and on all fours and tried to reach for my hand. When I denied him, he pouted and slurred, "But if we h-hollld hands, we can spiritually bond!"
As he said this sentence he seemed to gradually grow angrier. So, he's and angry drunk, that's just great.

"Luke," I softly said while trying to calm him down.

He stood up in a huff, but he stumbled back down. This was going to be a long night, or should I say morning.

----
Janice and Josh ditched me a long while ago to go catch some "beauty sleep." I don't get how people need beauty sleep when there already attractive. If that's the case, I need to hibernate.

Luke wasn't getting any better. I gave him water and Advil. I had no idea what else to do. To add to my sucky luck, it was 4 in the morning and I was exhausted.

This was going to be an even longer night now.

AN!!! Please read this!

Okay, I didn't think many people were reading this story and I started another one that I update frequently called The Murderer's Son. That is why I haven't updated this in like a month.

Basically, I want to keep on updating it, but it kinda sucks when you get one read a week. So please give me feedback?
Thanks loves

-Maya