Chapter 6- Taunting

Chapter 6

I sulked through the last day of school for that week. For some reason Luke didn't make an appearance at school. I would ask him about that next Monday.

Janice and Josh weren't at school today either. They were apartment shopping. If my father actually loved me, he would taking me too. But I'm stuck in the hell-like house. People say that where your heart is, home is. I don't know where my heart is, but I know it surely isn't here.

By the time I made it home I just dragged my feet upstairs and grabbed my iPod and headphones, that I bought myself in the 8th grade.

I put a shuffle on All Time Low, Avril Lavigne, and Mayday Parade's Albums.

Then I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling and moved my fingers like I was constructing an orchestra.

-

-

-

I was woken by someone shaking me, I guess I fell asleep.

I turned over fast enough to see Henry leaving my room muttering, "Dinner time."

I let out a post-nap groan and stumbled out of my bed, being my klutzy self. When I arrived downstairs I noticed that there was a hot box of pizza on the table.

As I began to open it, Josh and his friends came running in chanting some kid named Elias' name. "Elias, Elias, Elias!" They all belted out. I forgot that they had a game today. I bet Elais was the winning player. I grabbed a slice of pizza and snuck back upstairs. Once those boys spotted the pizza or me, they would rip it up and devour it.

I pushed into my room and was bored out of my mind, so climbed out of the window and crawled onto the roof.

I love sitting up on the roof. It's nice just to get lost in the sound of the wind and the smell of happy families having barbeques in their backyards. As I stared at the sun's setting, I heard a car pull up to our house. The design was unfamiliar, the truck looked brand new. It was plain white, but still a gorgous car.

But what drew me in further was the people that stepped out. Janice with a smug gran and Luke with a confused expression.

I felt the look of disgust pure on my face and when I tried to look awa from the horrors of my life, I lost my balance and fell. I could feel the Earth coming closer and closer as I ungracfully flailed my arms. My eyes squinted shut and I blocked out any sound. When suddenly I didn't feel the ground, I felt two arms wrapped around me, secure, but gentle.

When I dared to look I saw Luke with a horrid and afraid look smudged all over his face. I practically jumped out of his arms and almost missed the warmth of his body. Almost.

Then, I asked the question I dreaded the answer to, "Why were you with her?" My voice betrayed me and came out shaky and insecure.

He shuddered a bit a started to say, "W-well you see, uh Janice-"

"We were a date." Janice interrupted abruptly and gave Luke a look if only he was her property.

Why? Why would he? Why her?

My sister is a horrible human being or a mosquito. There is no difference. Everyone is afraid of her, and she's leaves her mark on everyone whether it's a slap across some girl's face or a hockey left on some jocks neck.

So, instead of saying anything, repeating what was said in my head, I

just nodded and walked inside my house.

-

-

The next morning I woke peacefully.

But the stench of my morning breath was so undelightful, I quickly got out of bed and brushed my teeth.

I decided that I wanted to get out of the house today. I don't do that much since I'm an antisocial and troubled person, but my usual pair of shoes were sprouting holes in them.

So, I grabbed Henry's car keys and snuck out of the house. I didn't see Luke's car in the driveway, which in a way relieved me.

I drove to the nearest shopping area and landed in a mall. As I was windowshopping, I spotted Ashton and Calum.

I jogged over to them and waved,

"Hey guys!"

"Hi Sam!" Calum said.

"Hey Sammy!" Aston exclaimed, but then asked,

"I can call you that right?"

I nodded quickly and changed the subject,

"We're still on for that movie tomorrow right guys?"

Ashton looked confused, so Calum explained, "I invited Sammy to a movie, your coming right?"

Ashton said yes and I took that time to ask,

"What happened at the party after Calum drove me home?"

Calum and Ashton exchanged uncertain glances and told me to sit down, so they could tell me.

I would finally figure out why Janice and Luke drove back from a "date" together.

A.N.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

First of all I haven't been writing much because I'm not sure if anyone is actually enjoying my story.

So if you do please VOTE for it and COMMENT!

I love feedback!

Second, I will start writing longer chapters! Ik know that they are really short so I will try to fix that!

Remember vote and comment!

Love, Me!!:)