0.0

"So, there's this friend of mine," Calum started, his eyes watching his plate as he pushed the last uneaten bit of egg around, "I've been hiding him from you for a while now," he admitted before continuing, "but he's single now, and I've thought from the moment I met him that you'd be good together,"

"Really?" Luke asked, through a mouthful of food; swallowing before he continued, "you've never offered to set me up with anyone before, I'm suspicious,"

Calum looked up from his plate, shifting in his seat, "well, that's the thing, it's not so much a setup as is it is me introducing two people I know and seeing what comes from there," Luke raised an eyebrow at him, not sure he understood the distinction, "I haven't said anything to him about you being single, or any of that, I just said that you and I were having lunch next Wednesday and that he should join us," Calum shrugged refocusing his attention on the egg he'd been pushing around earlier.

Luke hummed, still not entirely convinced; there was something off about Calum today, "so we're having lunch next Wednesday?" Luke asked, laughing to himself; it was the first he'd heard of it.

"Yes, I'm inviting you both to lunch, one of you knowing that the other is single and very much your type and the other knowing nothing, being a helpless little fish who needs love,"

"Are you trying to use me to fix your friend?" Luke narrowed his eyes at Calum.

Calum scoffed, "No, I'm just putting the ball in your court. If you don't want to pursue anything, it's completely up to you. I just thought, even when he was in a relationship, that you guys would be good together. You've just never been single at the same time," he looked up and seemed to notice the apprehension on Luke's face, "he's really nice, hot as hell, funny and not like dumb funny, he's witty,"

"He sounds too good to be true," Luke said suspiciously before adding, "you'd want him for yourself if he were really that perfect,"

"He's too white for me, but he'd be perfect for you," Calum responded without skipping a beat, a big grin splitting across his face.

He sighed, "well, if you're vouching for him, I suppose that's good enough for me,"

Calum chuckled, "he's a nice guy; he might take a little while to warm up to you, though,"

"Does that mean I shouldn't go on my Tinder date tonight?" Luke asked.

"You can do whatever you want," Calum said simply; despite the shrug and the casual tone, he had a wide grin on his face he was trying to hide by watching his plate.

Luke rolled his eyes, "you're awful, just awful, you know that?"

Calum nodded, "So you busy tonight?" he kept his tone conversational.

"Well, now I'm not now, asshole, I'm too curious."

He smirked, "Anyway, his name is Ashton Irwin."