1.7

He hadn't brought it up with Ashton, there was no need, nothing had changed, and Ashton wasn't acting any differently. So things were normal.

Luke was laying across his couch, going through spam emails, and sipping at his second.. Or maybe it was his third glass of wine... he was that bored.

"I'm bored," he said, rolling onto his side to look at Ashton, who fixed him with a raised eyebrow and then gestured with his eyes to the cutting board littered with vegetables.

"Well, I'm busy," he said rolling his eyes, dare Luke say, fondly? "this paella won't make itself,"

Luke didn't respond, continuing to watch Ashton closely.

"I can still feel your eyes," he said, not looking up from his cutting.

"I told you, I'm bored," he said in a whining voice, "when's dinner gonna be ready?"

"I don't know, half an hour?" Luke hummed, "are you hungry?" Luke shook his head, "then what can I do for you?"

Luke grinned innocently but didn't say anything.

Ashton watched him for a moment longer then went back to his cooking, not saying anything for another ten or so minutes. Luke was still watching him, humming to himself, picking his nails, watching again, shifting so his feet were on the coffee table. A sigh.

"I'm ignoring you," Ashton said, once again not looking up from what he was doing.

Luke sighed again, rolling his eyes and finally getting up off the couch and walking toward Ashton, behind both the counter and him.

"I told you another half an hour," Ashton told him dismissively.

He wasn't listening though as he took another sip of his wine and then placed the glass next to Ashton's chopping board. His hand lingered on the counter as he weighed his options. And then stepped forward pressing his groin to Ashton's lower back.

"Oh," Ashton said, and there was the tiniest bit of surprise in his voice.

Luke hummed pressing his face into the back of the older man's neck.

He paused for a minute, "I thought you just wanted to have dinner tonight,"

"I did, but then you came over in your workout gear," he said simply, taking a deep breath and drinking in the slightly sweaty smell of Ashton's sweatshirt, before letting his lips brush against the base of his neck. A shiver ran up Ashton's back, Luke felt it and chuckled into the skin waiting for the older man to make his decision

"How's a shower sound?" he finally asked, placing the knife on the chopping board.

He hummed once again, "a shower where I drop the soap?"

Ashton chuckled to himself, "sure a shower where you drop the soap," he said turning in Luke's grip and laughing, Luke chuckled along too and then Ashton pushed on his chest to get him to let go and he did, letting the other lead him into his bathroom.

As Ashton undressed Luke looked through his drawers for a condom and found a very sad looking bottle of oil-based lube whose label had been completely destroyed by the liquid leaking. He took it and one of the condoms from a similarly oily box, and turned to see Ashton naked and warming up the water in the shower. He let his eyes ghost over his body, thinking back to what Michael had said the day before, about knowing, he didn't think he could ever be sure, not unless Ashton started acting like they were dating, then he'd know whether or not this was it. That wasn't going to happen though, he wasn't that delusional.

"You going to get undressed?" Ashton asked, holding out a hand for the lube and the condom.

Luke's eyes snapped up to his face, handing them over silently and then starting with his shirt until he was completely naked and Ashton was standing under the spray, the lube and condom sitting in the soap tray.