0.4

[two weeks later]

Luke was standing in the hallway outside Calum's apartment, his eyes nearly rolling back into his head; he'd knocked on the door nearly ten minutes ago and gotten an 'I'll be out in a sec' in response. He had the sneaking suspicion that Calum was fucking around on the other side of the door doing whatever he felt like, content in the knowledge that Luke had to wait on the otherside.

So when he did finally open the door, and he was only wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, towelling his hair dry, for the amount of time Luke had, had to wait, he'd expected better from the other.

"Sorry, I was naked when you knocked, and before you say anything, I know you don't care, but the lady across the hall has seen me naked twice since I moved in, and that is two times too many," he said matter-of-factly but moved out of the way for Luke, the six-pack of beer and the bottle of wine to come into the apartment.

Luke rolled his eyes, "I brought wine and beer; I didn't know what the vibe was," he shrugged, moving past Calum and heading for the kitchen to put the beers away and grab a pair of wine glasses.

"Should be chill. You're a bit overdressed, though; Ashton might think you're trying a bit hard," Calum said, giving him an appreciative look.

Luke had to admit that maybe he was a touch overdressed, but he hadn't been sure what to wear. He'd gone with black skinny jeans, boots and a button-up shirt, which had apparently been a mistake; Calum was wearing a t-shirt with a hole in it and sweatpants, which didn't seem to have underwear under them.

He brought the now full wine glasses over to Calum, handing him one before joining him on the couch, "maybe Michael will be dressed nicely, and then you'll look like a fool,"

"We both know Michael never dresses nicely for movie's and drinks night; also, I live here so I can get changed whenever I want,"

"Okay, then can I get changed into your clothes, please?"

"Why do you care? Is this about Ashton?" Calum asked knowingly, sipping at his wine and wincing at the flavour.

"Yeah, sorry, it's a bit rough, but I wanted strong, not good, and well, don't you want me to care? You want us to get together,"

"Yeah, you just didn't seem that sold on him, is all," he shrugged.

"Well yeah, I was sceptical at first because we ran into Emma in the city the other day. He seemed pretty gloomy, and the story seemed... one-sided," he chose his word carefully, not wanting to step in it.

Calum cut him off, "It's actually true; I mean, if he told you that his fiance left him and won't tell him why, "

"Why do I feel like you know something more than Ashton does,"

He had a guilty look on his face, "so he mentioned she and I were friends first?" he asked, and Luke nodded, Calum winced, "she thought that he didn't like women, at all, and she couldn't marry him if she had doubts. I mean super shitty not to talk to him and assume but- I think she might be right.." he grimaced as he finished his sentence.

"So you both think he's a bisexual in denial about just being a plain old homosexual like myself?" Luke asked slowly.

Calum sighed, "I don't know, man, but there was something wrong with that relationship," he shrugged, sipping his wine again, "anyway, what was is that swayed the scepticism?"

"Ah yeah, so I was sceptical, but we had a really good time at the painting class even if you pretty much gave me no choice and made me go. And I will admit he is really fucking hot,"