1.6

Michael sighed, "I feel like we haven't hung out, just the two of us in ages," taking a sip of his coffee, "you're right by the way, this coffee is worth it,"

"Yeah, I've been busy, and every time I'm free, I feel like Calum just appears at my place," Luke laughed.

They paused looking both ways before speed walking across the narrow laneway, and then Michael continued as though they hadn't, "yeah, he was rocking up at my place a lot too, but I'm mostly at Crystal's these days," he took another sip of his coffee.

Luke hummed, "things going that well with you guys?"

He nodded and turned a wide, genuine grin on Luke, "yeah, yeah," he nodded, "she's amazing, I've never felt like this- had this with someone. I think if things keep going this well, I'll probably ask her to move in together when my lease is up,"

There was an ache in Luke's chest; he really seemed so happy, "that's insane, man," he said grinning, "I literally never thought I would see the day,"

"Me neither, or at least not for a long time, but she feels- and I feel stupid saying this- but like the one," he laughed; it was nervous and insecure, something he wasn't used to hearing from Michael.

Luke felt Michael's insecurity find himself, "how-how do you know?" he asked, and without meaning to, they came to a stop in front of a random towering building.

"Well- I guess it's stupid, but you just sort of know. It's like nothing else, but I guess familiar- it feels, well right," Michael explained as ineloquently as one could.

There was that funny sort of twisting feeling in Luke's stomach again, that- and he hated to think it- didn't remind him of how he often insisted he didn't feel about Ashton. That was ridiculous... obviously.

Michael seemed to notice Luke's thoughtfulness, "you alright?" he asked and when Luke looked at him confused he continued, "Calum told me about the Ashton setup thing; you didn't like him that much did you, though?"

Luke shook his head slightly, recentering himself, "Oh yeah, no, not really," he said shrugging, "I was trying because of Calum, which made me even more annoyed, you know? He can be such a dickhead," he rolled his eyes.

The older man's eyes lingered on him, and then he hummed, "well, Calum was telling me, and you didn't hear this from me, that Ashton said his ex-fiance called and wanted to go to dinner. Something about getting back together." he shrugged, "Calum said something about you being right, thought you'd wanna know, sounded like you guys had a bet going or something," 

He swallowed thickly; surely Ashton had just said that as an excuse to bail on them.

"No, we didn't have a bet, but I can guess why he wouldn't bring it up," he said, rolling his eyes.

Michael hummed again, "I'm assuming I don't wanna ask?"

"Not if you don't want to dislike Calum for a while," Luke said and then screwed his face shut, "that's not fair- I - I'll let him tell you if you wanna know,"

He hummed again, not letting any feelings he might have had about it show on his face. "Crystal and I are supposed to meet up with him tonight actually, a cocktail night with the girls,"

"I wish I was friends with girls gay like Calum," Luke said sadly.

Michael chuckled, "instead of still friends with people, you went to high school with gay?"

"Exactly, you guys just aren't the vibe I was going for," he said with a playful roll of his eyes.

They made their way back to the train station, and Michael waved him goodbye as he continued on to the bus stop, and Luke made his way down the stairs. Letting out a sigh as he put his airpods in. This was a misunderstanding, he told himself. He and Ashton weren't in love, they weren't even in like, but they were friends. Friends respect one another enough to stop having sex with them if they're getting back together with their ex... right?

He sped up as he saw the train approaching the platform, shelving the thoughts until he was staring vacantly and holding the overhead bar. He shook his head; no, it was like always just an excuse to stop them from questioning where he was all the time. And if it wasn't, Ashton would bring it up before anything came of it, that much he was sure of.

I keep getting so many spam comments is makes coming on Wattpad depressing. Anyway! hope you enjoy it. Right now is my last semester before I graduate uni so updates will probably be pretty light on as I have a lot to organise over the next few months.