Chapter 4: #Mattayla

Matt's POV

After I finished cleaning Mr and Mrs Thompson's car, I decided to drop by at Carter's house because even though that I am a guy, I was in desperate need of speaking to my best friend.

"Hi Mrs Reynolds!" I called out when I could hear smell her cooking in the kitchen. Since Carter and I have been friends for so long, just walking into his house was more of a usual thing now.

"Hello Matthew, Cartah's in the basement!" She said.

"Ok, thanks" I made my way towards the door under the main staircase and walked downstairs to see Carter playing video games on the couch and sat beside him.

"Hey man," I sighed.

Carter paused the game and put the controller down. "Alright, what are the girl troubles? Talk to papa,".

"Right, so there's this girl..." I began.

"Figured, is she hot?" He suddenly asked.

"Dude,".

"Sorry..." Carter apologised and got up to go to the mini fridge and grab us both a soda.

"Okay, so this girl-".

"You mean Mikayla" He said once he threw the can at me.

"What?! No, this girl-"

"Mikayla...".

"DUDE!" I yelled, throwing my hands up.

"Bro, I'm your best friend and I know you so well that it's sorta creepy, and I know for sure that you're crushing on Cam's little step sister".

I looked away from him and stared down at the can in my hands. "I'm not crushing man,". Carter kept quiet but gave me a look like he knew I wasn't telling him the truth.

"Okay, okay. Maybe I am. I don't know, I just never knew that I really liked her until last night. She was just so fragile, and upset, and all I wanted to do was kill the guy who did this to her. Like I've never seen Mikayla like that before...usually she's punching me and yelling at me about the most stupidest things," I chuckled at the thought of her. "But it doesn't even matter because every time I try getting close to her, she just completely pushes me away".

"Well, I suggest that you suck it up and move on Matt!".

"Wait, what?!".

"I'm kidding...I'm kidding. You've gotta fight for her man, and if she still pushes you away. She wasn't worth it from the beginning" Carter advised then took a sip of his drink and handed me the other controller to continue playing video games.

The next day. Mikayla's POV

I harshly banged against the bathroom door. "Sam! Hurry up! I'm going to be late for school!".

"Should of woke up earlier!" He called out.

"Oh, for fuck-Dad!".

"Solve it yourselves," He spoke as he walked past the bathroom to go downstairs.

"Sam!" I knocked again. "No matter how long you spend in there, it won't make Lexi suddenly become attracted to you". Sam has had this creepy and annoying crush on Lexi ever since me and her became friends in freshman year, so he always tries to impress her and attempt to hit on her. He finally opened up the door, causing me to step back.

"Who said that this was for Lexi?" He said.

"You only ever shower when you know that Lexi is coming over, now move!" I pulled him out of the bathroom doorway with my towel in my hand and got straight into the shower.