Chapter 5: I Need You

Matt's POV

I drove down to Jefferson High School because Mr and Mrs Thompson had to fly to New York for a buisness trip and Cameron and Nash were at a meeting, so they asked if I would pick Sam up from school. And also since they knew very well that Mikayla wouldn't walk with him. I got out of my Range Rover and leant against the shut door, watching all the students exit through the doors and keeping an eye out for Sam but instead I noticed Mikayla.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, pulling her backpack further up her shoulder.

"Picking up Sam. Your Dad and step-Mom are away, Cam and Nash are at a meeting, I'm the next best thing. Plus, I was on my way to Aaron's house any ways" She barely seemed interested in my words but more focused on when Luke came jogging up behind her, causing me to roll my eyes.

He came and put his arm around Mikayla, hugging her tightly. "Oh, are you hear to threaten to pull my piercing out again?".

I chuckled. "I'm not here to start an argument man,".

"Luke come on, just leave it okay. He's not worth it" Mikayla said, turning around and putting her arms around his neck.

"Yeah, you're right" Luke placed his arms around her waist, moving his hands lower down than appropriate and kissed her neck. I caught him glance at me over her shoulder and smirk yet I turned away acting like I never saw anything.

"Okay, i've gotta go. So, i'll see you tonight okay, love you," Mikayla finally said to him.

"Love you too babe," He winked then walked in the other direction. I watched her start walking down the sidewalk, knowing very well that she would like a ride home but just won't ask me to save her diginity.

"You know you can just ask..." I called out, making her stop walking and turn around to me.

"Ask about what exactly?".

"For a ride," I gestured to my car. "Because i know that you hate walking,".

"There you go again! With thinking that you know everything about me when you don't!".

I laughed at her reaction. "Just get in the car, Mikayla".

She slowly walked back over with her arms folded. "This doesn't mean that we're friends Matt,".

I got in the car along with her, leaning back against the driver seat. "Well, the world of Twitter seems to think that we're much more".

"Ew, I know. Just because of a few vines and fake pictures, everyone suddenly sees us a power couple".

"I'm not complaining..." I mumbled.

"You're kidding, right?".

"What? Would you rather me say that I'd hate to be considered as your boyfriend or that I would?" I asked. "You should be flattered,".

She shook her head and payed close attention to her phone in her hands. We sat in complete silence but I couldn't help but continue to glance over at her smiling lightly at her messages and thinking about the advice Carter gave yesterday. "You do realise that I can feel you staring at me? And it's really creepy, so stop" She all of a sudden said, making me look away with a smirk.

"So, where are you going tonight?".

"Are we family?" She faced me and randomly questioned.

"Uh...no".

"Are we friends?".

"I guess...".

"Are we more than friends?" She questioned again.