Chapter 10: Pathetic

Mikayla's POV -

Almost two hours had gone past from playing the PS4 and we were all sitting on the couch now watching The Internship. I shuffled slightly closer towards Jack G, who was sitting beside me with one arm around me. Matt constantly gave us death glares, acting as though I didn't notice every single one by turning away so quickly.

"Ugh, Dylan O'Brien is the hottest nerd that I have ever seen. Don't you guys agree?" I questioned with awe, yet awkwardly amongst four guys.

"Yeah, yeah..." They all mumbled and vaguely giving me an answer.

"Wait so who do you like again? Dylan or Jack?" Matt asked. I'm not stupid to catch onto what he's been trying to do all night, I mean I know that I've been playing games too but I started it so therefore I'll end it.

"You know you're being awfully jealous to someone who's apparently been acting like a complete bitch lately" I spat.

"Who the fuck said that I was jealous? You're the one who's trying to make me jealous, you know by flirting with Jack all night long. Plus there's nothing to jealous about".

"Seriously guys, we are trying to watch a movie. Can't you just go a few more hours without arguing?" Jack J complained.

"He fucking started it, like always" I sat back on the couch and crossed my arms.

Jack G suddenly moved uncomfortably beside me and removed his arm. "You know what, it's getting kinda late and I've got this meeting early in the morning so I'm just gonna get going".

I stopped myself from shooting a remark at Matt when I heard him smirk. "Well, at least stay until the movie's over".

"No honestly, it's fine. I really have to go any ways" He awkardly scratched his head as he stood up and made his way towards the door.

"Yeah, I've got the same meeting so I gotta go too" Jack J also said.

"Aw that's a shame bros, i'll walk you guys out" Cameron offered and got up off the couch to go along with them, uncomfortably leaving Matt and I alone.

"See what you did," I mentioned.

"You did that all on your own Kayla" Matt replied, using the nickname that he knows annoys me.

"You know what? I've had enough of this. 1, don't call me that! It's Mikayla. 2, before today, I was feeling kind of bad about everything but fuck it. I am a complete bitch, it may seem like I need you but I don't, when I say I do I'm usually drunk as fuck any ways" I chuckled. "It's almost pathetic to even imagine that I'd need you in any way because you're nothing to me Matt. You just make everything worse" I finalised before getting up off the couch and exiting out the room to storm upstairs.

Matt's POV -

My lips were moving but no words were coming out as I watched Mikayla leave the room. I rubbed my hands down my face, sort of regretting the things that I said but also realising that this is the last straw. Carter told me to fight for her, I did, sorta but she didn't even pause to stop pushing me away. There's no point wasting my time on a relationship that is clearly running in the opposite direction. I rested my elbows on my lower thighs, noticing the front door opening again and Cameron walk through.

"Well I guess it's just us three...where's Mikayla?" He asked while shutting the door behind him.

"Upstairs. But maybe it's just gonna be you bro because I'm gonna start heading home now" I got up off the chair and grabbed my hoodie.

"Aw, seriously? What did Mikayla say to you?".

"Nothing, nothing. It's 10pm, i'm just pretty tired that's all" I lied.

Cameron sighed. "Well then you suck but I'll see you soon alright?"

I chuckled at him. "Of course man" I left him in the living room and made my own way to the door. I looked back behind me, seeing Mikayla sat on one of the steps but rolled her eyes at my presence then immediately turned around to jog back up stairs before I could even say something.

HEYYY GUYS. I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, IT'S REALLY SHORT BECAUSE IT CONTINUES FROM THE PREVIOUS ONE BUT THE NEXT ONE WILL BE SLIGHTLY LONGER, WHICH IS WHEN THEY'RE ON THEIR WAY TO MIAMI.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ THE UPCOMING CHAPTERS BECAUSE I'M EXCITED TO WRITE THEM AHAHA. PLS COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE. ILY. XOXO.