Chapter 8: I'm Over It

I didn't tell anyone what happened between Luke and I in the hallways even though Lexi assumed that something did, I just lied and said that I told him to leave me alone and he did.

"Hey, my Mom's going to be a bit late to pick me up today" Lexi told me once while we walked up to my front door. 

"That's fine, you can just hang out my house for longer" I smiled and opened up the front door.

"Hey! We're home!" I called out and could hear the loud laughter and talking coming from the living room. Lexi suddenly paused from walking, causing both Sam and I to come to a halt.

"Oh my gosh, Nash is here. I can hear his voice...ugh, I swear I could listen to it all day" Lexi smiled hugely with her hands together.

"What does Nash have that I don't have?" Sam almost yelled.

Lexi laughed and patted the top of his head. "Well for one, he's 16 and he's tall,".

"Why don't you just tell him that you like him?" I laughed at how she suddenly gasped at my question.

"What? No!" Lexi loudly whispered.

"Then I will" Confidently, I began walking towards the living room until Lexi attempted to pull my arm back the closer I got. "Oh my gosh, Hayes!  I havent seen you in so long" I rushed over and hugged him. Ever since Cameron came into our family and I was introduced to Nash, Hayes and I have always been really close. Even though he's two years younger than me, I could call him one of my best friends.

"Cam told me what happened with Luke" He whispered while still hugging me, and rubbed my back.

I sighed. "Seriously, it's nothing to worry about. I'm fine, honestly".

He smiled at me, thankfully leaving the conversation there and sitting back down.

"Hi Nash" Lexi giggled and practically squeezed herself inbetween Nash and Cameron.

"Hey" He nervously replied, scratching the back of his head.

I turned around because I heard someone walk into the living room and saw Matt coming in, taking a sip of the Coke in his hand. The room suddenly filled up with an awkward tension, making me feel uneasy of what to do next so I just walked past him to go into the kitchen. I pulled the fridge door open to pour myself a glass of water.

"So I don't get a thank you for last night?" Matt spoke behind me, causing me to roll my eyes without facing him.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone?" I told him.

He heavily sighed, seeming completely annoyed. "Why the hell do you keep doing this, Mikayla?".

I finally faced him. "Doing what?" 

"Showing all of these mixes signals? It's like i can't win with you!" Matt argued, almost yelling right at me.

"Why can't you just drop what happened, like I'm trying to do?".

"No, it's like you yell at me when i'm joking around or being a complete dick, and you yell at me when i'm being genuine and nice to you".

I brushed my hand down my face because I really wasn't in the mood for this right now. "I really don't want to talk about this Matt so,".

He chucked. "You know what? Fuck this" He finalised, harshly grabbing a bag of chips off the counter.

"Wait what?".

"You're just being a complete bitch to someone who actually cares about you and i'm over it" Matt shrugged and left the kitchen. I stood back a little, trying to process what just happened.

Still thinking, I went back into the living room and leant against the door frame to see Lexi obviously flirting with Nash as Sam stared Nash down. I mean if looks could kill, Nash would be gone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Cameron asked me.

"Yeah, yeah i'm fine" I looked down at my glass and could feel Matt's eyes glancing at me. "Uh, Lexi..". I gestured for her to come upstairs with me.

"I'll see you later, Nash" She stroked his arm and smiled.

"Oh alright, bye".

When we got to my room, I kicked off my shoes and lay down on my bed, covering my face with my pillow.

"So, what were you Matt talking about in the kitchen?". She questioned as she was spinning around on my small desk chair.

I took the pillow away from my face. "Have you ever done something, that you thought was best to do at the time, but then when it doesn't turn out how you expected, you regret it completely and you just feel like there's no going back now?".

"Um, maybe. I guess so, why? What did you do?".

"I dunno. Matt just went on a small rant about shit but he'll get over it soon. I guess,". I brushed off and sat up on the bed.

HEEEY READERS. Sorry for the long update, just been trying to find ways to continue it and I finally have so look forward to more updates for Skinny Love. Please comment, like and share. ILY ALL XOXO.