11. Faking It

"Aight then, I'll see you tomorrow." Tyler said, dropping me off at my dorm.
It was 11:55pm.
"So we really doing this right?" I quietly said, hoping the girls in the dorm wouldn't hear me.

"Yeah. You came up with it, you can't back out now!" He laughed, I shushed him, punching his arm.

"Wait, am I able to say we fucked tonight? 'cus they've been bugging me about letting it all out or whatever. This would shut them up for sure," I started, looking up at him and grinning.

"Do whatever you gotta do to get Kali to notice me again, aight?"

"Bet! goodnight!" I sort of whispered. I watched him go down the hallway, before I opened the door slowly.

The lights were dimmed.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Jorja said, she was sitting at the edge of the bed braiding her hair.

I set my stuff down.

"Tyler's..."

"Oh my god Salem I'm so sorry you had to see that earlier. I didn't realize you would've been home so early or else I'd–," Kali spoke from the top bunk, I cut her off.

"No, don't mention it. It kind of worked out actually..."

"Why?" Jorja sat there, listening intently.

"I ended up going back to T's, and one thing led to another," I sighed, acting nonchalant about it, "we fucked."

I could hear the gasps and O's form on their lips.

"WHAT?!" Kali and Jorja almost yelled. I laughed.

"It's not a big deal y'all. Really."

"You fucked Tyler. Oh my god." Kali said.

"I can see it happening. Y'all would be kind of cute together." Jorja took a sip of her water.

Kali stayed silent, I figured it was working.

"I know right? He was so sweet, it was so good."

"So y'all are dating now or?" Kali asked.

"Maybe. I don't know, we're not exclusive exclusive though. Just going with the flow."

...

The next morning, we were in the cafeteria.
I sat with Crystal, Wyatt, and Syd.

"So is it true?" Crystal came over to me, taking a swing of her orange juice.

"Whats true?" Wyatt asked, putting his phone down.

"Kali said you and Tyler–,"

"Kali said what? Why is she going around telling everyone?"

"Y'all did what?" Syd asked again, completely oblivious.

"Fucked. We fucked, damn. When did she tell you?" I pressed Crystal, I was beginning to regret this.

"Relax. She told me in english during our lecture this morning."

"You and Tyler? Damn, I didn't see that coming at all," Wyatt stated, going back to his phone.

I spotted Kali walk into the Café, her two piece showing off her perfect body.
She went up to Rocky, and they laughed about something. He whispered something into her ear.

"She's coming over," Crystal said, expecting drama to brew.

"Morning y'all," She said, sitting next to Syd. I could literally cut the tension with a knife.

Everyone stayed kind of quiet, on their phones.

"Why'd you tell the whole school about what happened?" I stammered, startling her. She set her purse down.

"Girl, relax. I'm happy for you. Just wanted to share the exciting news is all!"

I rolled my eyes, "I guess..."

"Look who's coming." Kali smiled sarcastically, signaling to look behind me.

I did, and Tyler and I made eye contact. Holy fuck, first day of pretending.

"Hey y'all," He waved at the table, as he leaned over me.

Everyone greeted him as he placed a hand on my waist. I jumped a little, the warmth of my body with his cold hand.

"Oh so y'all getting all touchy feely huh?" Kali said, looking at Tyler.

"It's nothing serious." He said, as I began to get up off my seat.

"Let's go over there," He said, signaling at Taco, Jasper, and Rocky.

Tyler put a hand in my back pocket, and I felt my cheeks redden, I felt a little hot. He was good at pretending.

"Oh shit!" Jasper shouted, noticing us.

"Damn," Taco greeted Tyler with a handshake.

"Y'all fucked once and now y'all holding hands?" Rocky laughed. Tyler must've told him.

"Nigga shut up." Tyler said. I put my arms
around his waist, kind of hugging him. It felt kinda good actually, I felt comfortable.

"By the way, sorry you had to see that last night–," Rocky began.

"Don't worry. It ended up working out."

Taco and Jasper let out some, "OOOH!" 's.

Tyler laughed, "C'mon let's get to class."

I nodded, and he took my hand in his interlocking, Rocky eyeing us.

We walked to class, and just before we walked in, he let go.

"Fuck that was so good. Kali was so fucking mad! Did you see her face?" He seemed so excited about it working.

I smiled, "Yeah, that was crazy."